Site that did HB's diary predicting Duke

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Yeah I hate Duke too. If he doesn't pick us I hope he goes to UNC or UCLA. Hopefully not Duke or Kansas.

cybear52

Dec 5, 2008
Ames
He will pick ISU and then when he does all the ISU fans that said he is going to pick Duke wont be their and they wii be very sorry for themsleves

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
"and from what I hear from sources tells me it’s Duke."

If HB is supposedly the only one who knows, and none of the coaches know, what source could he possibly have?

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
"and from what I hear from sources tells me it’s Duke."

If HB is supposedly the only one who knows, and none of the coaches know, what source could he possibly have?

in this.. the only 2 sources there is, is HB and his Mom

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Maybe HB already told the Duke people he is coming. If so, there could be good sources inside the Duke program that know what HB is going to do and they may have tipped this guy off in not so many words.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Maybe HB already told the Duke people he is coming. If so, there could be good sources inside the Duke program that know what HB is going to do and they may have tipped this guy off in not so many words.

In other words, HB's word isn't good for anything... :rolleyes:

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I hope you are right. How is that the other Duke recruit put on his facebook for everyone to tune in and watch HB committing to Duke? why would he put that on there is there was not a GOOD chance of that happening. Just playin devils advocate here.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I hope you are right. How is that the other Duke recruit put on his facebook for everyone to tune in and watch HB committing to Duke? why would he put that on there is there was not a GOOD chance of that happening. Just playin devils advocate here.

Look, I have no clue where HB's going. But to me that sounds like last-minute politicking, especially when HB has clearly said that nobody but him and his mom know. I'd rather take him at his word than the word of some long-distance friend that is likely begging for the guy who is arguably the best basketball player in America to come play with him for a year or two.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Because he is an 18 year old kid that thinks like the rest of the world, that ISU is not relevant. Doug Mcdermoot said he did not kno wbut had a good feeling that ISU may get it's name called on the radio Wednesday night, if anything I bet Doug knows more than Irving does.

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
Top Five Unsigned Seniors | 2K Sports Presents High School Hoop Powered by Dime

Also one of HB's good friends who committed to Duke a couple weeks ago posted this on his facebook:

"Kyrie Irving St Patricks highschool party tmrw...730 to 1130 let's get hype lol and make sure you watch my bro Harrison barnes commit tmrw it's shuld be a dandy"

He's got another good friend who committed to UNI and happens to be the son of ISU's coach who said in a radio interview that things looked really good for ISU. I'm sorry, but if Doug McD doesn't know, then Kyrie Irving doesn't know.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006

Barnes and Irving are VERY close so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he knows where Barnes is going. Now that doesn't mean it's going to be Duke though.

Personally, I think Duke was the favorite for a long time and then HB started to waver on them a bit, but when push comes to shove I think he will go with his first instinct and select Duke. Hope I'm wrong though!

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis

HB has obviously been hell-bent on not letting anyone know. If anything was going to "leak", it was going to come out of the Ames/ISU camp. It hasn't.

If he is going to Duke and they do know, you think Coach K is stupid enough to tell a new recruit with a Twitter account? Whoever is the front runner (ISU, Duke, NC, whoever) either a.) truly doesn't know or b.) has been absolutely silent at HB's request.

If I were Duke or Irving, I'd be quiet. That would be an absolute betrayal of trust. Not a good idea before that ink is dry on the LOI.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Maybe he is just a friend of Barnes' and he wants to support him with the post. He may not know anything, but is hopeful for Duke. Could just be supporting a friend in his big moment.