Your most embarrassing experience

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Mine isn't so bad, but I was going to an Intramural Slow Pitch game and got there late. I was with my then girlfriend, now wife, so we pulled in and I just started running to the game. Since I was late, I thought it'd be faster to just hop the fence, instead of the extra 8 seconds to run around it and into the dugout.

You can see where this is going, but I easily cleared the fence, except for the back foot. The shoe got caught and cause me to get strung up on this 4 foot fence. I think I had to take the shoe off to get down.

I don't think as many people saw this as it seemed, but it was really stupid.

CyVeteran

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 8, 2006
In the early 90s, I was probably 9 or 10, RAGBRAI went through my small town of Villisca. I borrowed my buddies brand new little red Schwinn 10 speed to go up to the top of the hill and ride down to the town square. Well, I proceeded to go like a bat out of hell........when I got down to the square, I put on the brakes hard. Unfortunately, it was the front brake and I flipped like 3 times in front of thousands of people.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
In the early 90s, I was probably 9 or 10, RAGBRAI went through my small town of Villisca. I borrowed my buddies brand new little red Schwinn 10 speed to go up to the top of the hill and ride down to the town square. Well, I proceeded to go like a bat out of hell........when I got down to the square, I put on the brakes hard. Unfortunately, it was the front brake and I flipped like 3 times in front of thousands of people.
Rofl. Hopefully you were ok.

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
Rofl. Hopefully you were ok.
Did you stick the landing?

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I was too young to know it was embarrassing but this is a legendary story that gets told at many family reunions.

We were traveling through Nebraska in the mid 80's. I'm only 2. Stop in some tiny town at a cafe full of blue hairs. We're eating and doing our thing. At some point I spilled a drink and just bellow out 'Well F*** a nun!'

My parents thought they were gonna crawl out of their skin. They put there heads down, gulped their food and GTFO.

I remember reading that story in a thread from a few years ago, maybe another Friday OT. Didn't recall who posted ... maybe it made a Posts of the Month thread at some point and that's why I remember it more clearly. Classic!

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I remember reading that story in a thread from a few years ago, maybe another Friday OT. Didn't recall who posted ... maybe it made a Posts of the Month thread at some point and that's why I remember it more clearly. Classic!
I'm terrified of having children lol

• Funny
Reactions: cyclones500

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Another that I was too young to care. My mom found me jumping around the driveway naked and I just said "I am swimmin' mom!". We also lived on the corner of what eventually became a semi busy street in Marion as it was the main path across the north side of town.

Reactions: Angie

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I was totally fine....just some road rash
You fared better than me. Six years old, I "borrowed" my older sister's big girl bike (a one speed Schwinn), and was riding down our street. Got to the slight downhill and took my feet off the pedals to swing them out to the sides & holler "wheeeeeee". Unfortunately, I swung my feet too far inward and caught my heel in the rear spokes. Stopped the bike dead, nearly severed my Achilles tendon, and I went flying ass over teakettle over the front end of the bike. Landed on my chest and slammed my chin into the street, breaking the left side of my lower jaw. I had to have it wired shut for six weeks to heal the break, and was the only kid in first grade who brought baby food in her lunch box.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
You fared better than me. Six years old, I "borrowed" my older sister's big girl bike (a one speed Schwinn), and was riding down our street. Got to the slight downhill and took my feet off the pedals to swing them out to the sides & holler "wheeeeeee". Unfortunately, I swung my feet too far inward and caught my heel in the rear spokes. Stopped the bike dead, nearly severed my Achilles tendon, and I went flying ass over teakettle over the front end of the bike. Landed on my chest and slammed my chin into the street, breaking the left side of my lower jaw. I had to have it wired shut for six weeks to heal the break, and was the only kid in first grade who brought baby food in her lunch box.
Put some dirt on it.

Kidding of course.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
A fun story from my grandfather who was some what famous while being a professor at ISU. He taught the creativity class for many years and was a crazy person in general but fun and always had good ideas.

He would dance on his desk the first day of class to get it into the students heads that it wasn't a normal lecture.

Anyways one time a freshman student raised her hand and interrupted class to ask if she could leave to use the restroom. He said 'Oh my goodness! That's terrible, how rude! If you have to use the restroom in this class you ask to go pee pee kaka poo poo.'

I'm guessing she never did that again lol.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
During one of my first classes at ISU, the professor asked for help handing out some material to the class. I volunteered before I realized what was required.

I had to read off each student's name and then deliver the material to them. I was a smart kid, but small town Iowa hadn't exactly prepared me for the onslaught of international names that I had to loudly call out. I set foreign relations back a few decades that morning.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
During one of my first classes at ISU, the professor asked for help handing out some material to the class. I volunteered before I realized what was required.

I had to read off each student's name and then deliver the material to them. I was a smart kid, but small town Iowa hadn't exactly prepared me for the onslaught of international names that I had to loudly call out. I set foreign relations back a few decades that morning.
This reminds me of a friend I worked with many years ago. He was from India, brilliant guy, two master's degrees, really funny. One of his stories was when he first came over to the states, he'd just started his second master's program. On the first day of classes he was using a pencil and realized his eraser was missing. So he asked to the entire class, loudly, if anyone had an eraser he could use. Only in India, they don't call it an "eraser". So he asked his fellow students comprised almost entirely of Americans...

"Does anybody have a rubber I could use?"

Blank stares.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Most embarrassing moment...this week?

I was using the urinal yesterday, gave a final push before holstering. That final push also came with a surprise in the form of pooped pants. Luckily the damage was minimal and I was able to continue about my day without humiliation from my colleagues and peers.
I have lost a significant amount of weight the last several months. This a.m. I was peeing in the urinal at the office and my pants and underwear fell down around my ankles just as someone was walking in. There I am standing like a 4 year old little boys with my pants and underwear around my ankles and I am sure it looked like I was having a seizure trying to lean over and pick them up while not whizzing on the wall .

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
This reminds me of a friend I worked with many years ago. He was from India, brilliant guy, two master's degrees, really funny. One of his stories was when he first came over to the states, he'd just started his second master's program. On the first day of classes he was using a pencil and realized his eraser was missing. So he asked to the entire class, loudly, if anyone had an eraser he could use. Only in India, they don't call it an "eraser". So he asked his fellow students comprised almost entirely of Americans...

"Does anybody have a rubber I could use?"

Blank stares.
A similar thing happened to an attractive gernan foreign exchange student when I was in school. Only she wasnt the embarrased one.

In German what the call an eraser, gümmi, directly translates to rubber. She, in increasing volume, asked a classmate to use his rubber. Before snatching the eraser off his desk. He was beat red.

Reactions: BACyclone

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
I was too young to know it was embarrassing but this is a legendary story that gets told at many family reunions.

We were traveling through Nebraska in the mid 80's. I'm only 2. Stop in some tiny town at a cafe full of blue hairs. We're eating and doing our thing. At some point I spilled a drink and just bellow out 'Well F*** a nun!'

My parents thought they were gonna crawl out of their skin. They put there heads down, gulped their food and GTFO.
When I was around 2 or 3, my parents took me with them to dinner at a fancy restaurant. This would have been an unusual occurrence and nobody really knows why my parents didn't get a sitter (especially considering my dad at 9 siblings that all lived within 15 minutes).

I'm fairly certain this wasn't the kind of place kids were typically taken, as whatever meal was ordered for me came with a glass of wine. There was some exchange between the server and my parents to specify that the glass of wine wasn't really necessary. This did not sit well with me. At all.

I started complaining that I wanted the wine. My request was not granted. So I got louder. Still no compliance. So I got out of my chair (somehow) and ran through the dining room screeching "I want my wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!" at the top of my lungs the whole way with my mother in hot pursuit. I made a beeline for the kitchen, but she caught up to me about three steps past the swinging doors.

I never did get that wine.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If we are doing things we did as kids. I was at a family reunion at state beach in Clear Lake. I was probably like 3-5 years old, grown up on a farm. Well, when outside on a farm and you gotta go you just do it. So, I dropped shorts by a tree and started to go in front of the BC crew (dad had 8 brothers and sisters and I have like 25 cousins on that side, with me being like 3rd youngest) and drilled the tree.........along with one of my uncle's feet and/or leg. Dad was not happy.

• Funny
Reactions: BACyclone and NWICY

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Junior prom. I'm dating a senior so her class did the roasting. Sitting there minding my own business when they called my name from the podium. I get called up and as I'm walking up in front of everyone they start listing the guys she had cheated on me with. Reached the podium and got handed a roll of toilet paper for putting up with the most crap. I didn't have a clue.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Junior prom. I'm dating a senior so her class did the roasting. Sitting there minding my own business when they called my name from the podium. I get called up and as I'm walking up in front of everyone they start listing the guys she had cheated on me with. Reached the podium and got handed a roll of toilet paper for putting up with the most crap. I didn't have a clue.
That's not embarrassing that's just them being d**** and her being a *****

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron