WRNL - Farmageddon Trophy Contest

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Heck if Texas can let Bevo run around and OU has their ponies and wagon. ISU and KSU ought to be able to come up with a couple of kids in farm ops to be able to safely drive an old JD A or B around. @20eyes has offered to donate the tractor.

I was thinking in a situation where the players stormed the tractor after a win, and some guy who's never been on a tractor in his life, climbs up there in cleats and tries to figure it out.

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I was thinking in a situation where the players stormed the tractor after a win, and some guy who's never been on a tractor in his life, climbs up there and cleats and tries to figure it out.

We were looking at it from 2 different perspectives. Sorry about the mix up. Yep your way could have some pretty crazy consequences.

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
If a full size tractor isn't feasible, how about a trophy with a bronze barn and silo? It is classic midwestern iconography, and it has more symbolic ties to the universities than some of the other trophy games that are out there. Also, if the schools don't want to lean into the Farmageddon name, it could be given an official name like the Farmstead Trophy, and fans can still use its real name.

old-red-barn-and-silo-victoria-sheldon.jpg

7976469423_13bc32363d_b.jpg

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I was thinking in a situation where the players stormed the tractor after a win, and some guy who's never been on a tractor in his life, climbs up there in cleats and tries to figure it out.

Just take the battery out and lock the parking brakes.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Ideas
  • Bronzed Barn
  • Bronzed Tractor (could be a kids sized "Ertle" tractor or go a bit bigger as a kids peddle tractor) I’m sure Cy and Willie could ride that peddle tractor around for effect.
  • Pitchfork or Shovel
  • What about a bronzed slop bucket? And, the winning team gets to put in corn or wheat grain in the bucket?
  • Bronzed Cow or butter cow?
  • A Wagon Wheel?
  • Bronzed Hay Bale (maybe a pitchfork in it?)
  • Wheelbarrow
  • Bronzed Water Well
  • Bronzed old-school Farm Windmill replica

The best idea is an actual working 1917 Waterloo-Boy John Deere Tractor. Get the I-State and Wildcat logo on it and bam, best rivalry trophy ever.

If we went with a trophy, just keep it simple. But the Farmageddon name-sake needs to be on the trophy as well.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I'd like either an antique tractor or something newer donated by JD or CIH. You can keep it on the sidelines and it doesn't need to start up and drive around by players. Just pull the keys.

Another thought would be a wrestling belt. Call it the Grain Belt and have corn and wheat on the main part.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
This is so simple all we need is a antique tractor cardinal and gold one side purple and silver on the other. Plaque on the front we can write the W+Ls on earlier yrs behind the seat. Instead we'll end up with some take off of the pewter family.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
OK. Don't laugh.

I just emailed the staff of Toy Farmer magazine to see if they could recommend a custom model builder who might be willing to build an all metal replica of a 1917 Waterloo Boy tractor that could be incorporated into a trophy for the game between the first two land grant universities.

I'll let you know if they consider this to be an unwelcome application of their hobby in service to ours.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron