Wrestling Gambling issues

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
This topic obviously has it's own thread in the football forum. I'm curious as to if the wrestling team will have as high profile kids in trouble as what's being "said" about the football team? And that's really all I care about...don't need names.

Side note...some football posters appear to think some of those football kids deserve the death penalty or need to be put in a gulag. Spare me with the stupid takes.

Cyclonefanatic3225

Oct 5, 2021
I’ve heard (no credible source) that some of the kids (all sports) were underaged using someone else’s profile to place bets. If that’s the case, it could potentially be a criminal charge for underage gambling, no?

scottwv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 18, 2011
Melrose Iowa
I’ve heard (no credible source) that some of the kids (all sports) were underaged using someone else’s profile to place bets. If that’s the case, it could potentially be a criminal charge for underage gambling, no?
I think underage is a misdemeanor - fine of like $75 or $150 (something small like that).

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Yes, the wrestling team is involved.

No, it's a very small number.

Yes, there will probably be sitting out involved, or missing a season.

No, it's going to be ok because we are going to have a kick-ass team anyway.
Will our depth prevent us from taking what would have been a big hit to the team?

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
This topic obviously has it's own thread in the football forum. I'm curious as to if the wrestling team will have as high profile kids in trouble as what's being "said" about the football team? And that's really all I care about...don't need names.

Side note...some football posters appear to think some of those football kids deserve the death penalty or need to be put in a gulag. Spare me with the stupid takes.

Nobody thinks they deserve the death penalty or the gulag. Spare me the hyperbole.

And I haven't heard any wrestling rumors.

• Agree
Reactions: SerenityNow

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
message board rumors from the hawk site and Penn State site that 2 starters from Iowa might be impacted with the gambling news. Some posters were hinting it was the ones that would be getting a decent amount of NIL.. Will be interesting to see who is all impacted when everything comes out

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
message board rumors from the hawk site and Penn State site that 2 starters from Iowa might be impacted with the gambling news. Some posters were hinting it was the ones that would be getting a decent amount of NIL.. Will be interesting to see who is all impacted when everything comes out
Trying to think who at Iowa last year would be getting decent NIL. Woods would have to be #1. Who else? Cassioppi? Ayala? Brands?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
From what I've heard, Ayala is not getting much NIL from Iowa
I heard he was given a pretty decent bag this summer to keep him there. Not as much as some others have been reported, but a dang good amount for a college kid.

• Informative
Reactions: stuclone

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I heard he was given a pretty decent bag this summer to keep him there. Not as much as some others have been reported, but a dang good amount for a college kid.
That's probably true. However, that money would've show up after the gambling investigation started :)

Reactions: Tigerguy_

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
That's probably true. However, that money would've show up after the gambling investigation started :)
If, if he did get an increase to stay, because he was getting peanuts, it would have been within days of the gambling raid. And he wouldn’t see the increase in pay right away, they don’t get a lump sum payment at one time. It’s not like the lottery

Reactions: stuclone

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
If, if he did get an increase to stay, because he was getting peanuts, it would have been within days of the gambling raid. And he wouldn’t see the increase in pay right away, they don’t get a lump sum payment at one time. It’s not like the lottery
These are private arrangements, can’t they make them however they want?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron