IMG-0382.jpg

IMG-0423.jpg

ICWJ2766.jpg

B3-C036-EB-0656-4-B57-867-D-39923896161-B.jpg

3-D77-F9-AB-28-ED-4086-B1-F9-398-D0-B6771-DB.jpg

Last edited:

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
If anyone is interested, I can give specifics on the latest projects above.

I've never "sold" anything I've made but PM me if you have any requests.

I'm sure there are a lot of talented people here, so I'm hoping you all chime in with your own work. Maybe some folks here can make make a little dough off their hobby. There is a serious lack of appreciation these days for decent quality woodworking.

Last edited:

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
If anyone is interested, I can give specifics on the latest projects above.

I've never "sold" anything I've made but PM me if you have any requests.

I'm sure there are a lot of talented people here, so I'm hoping you all chime in with your own work. Maybe some folks here can make make a little dough off their hobby. There is a serious lack of appreciation these days for decent quality woodworking.

agree. if my wife brings home another piece of crap "furniture" from target ill lose it.

can find some solid pieces at goodwill sometimes

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This is a good thread. I just got into building stuff like this over the last year.

What’s your experience with a Kreig Jig? I know there are different kinds of pocket hole tools like that but what would people recommend?

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
This is a good thread. I just got into building stuff like this over the last year.

What’s your experience with a Kreig Jig? I know there are different kinds of pocket hole tools like that but what would people recommend?

Fun fact about Kreg, it is an Iowa company located in Huxley. I actually just started working there in May as a new product development engineer.

I've used a K4 for about 3 years now and love it. If you are doing larger panels or batching out a larger quantity of parts that or the K5 is the way to go. Recently I also started using the new 300 series one as well for fixing mistakes or applications where my K4 wouldn't be practical. It's a new product to this year and the cool thing about it is it's modular.

One of the perks of working at Kreg is the discount as well. I just bought a Foreman bench top powered pocket hole set up that was a quality reject because of damaged packaging, nothing else. I'm excited to get to use it.

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
Great work on those projects @AgronAlum . Thanks for setting up this thread as well. I recently just moved so my shop is a disaster right now but the nice thing is I now have a deep 2 car garage and a dedicated wood shop room off of it to work with.

Reactions: AgronAlum

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Any hunters out there that have built a range/cleaning box for all their equipment? I can’t seem to find many examples with a little detail to go off.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

I have the 40 dollar version of the jig and I’ve used the crap out of it with no complaints. That being said, I’m kind of a do more with less type of woodworker so I’ll probably never go up to the more expensive versions. The newer version looks a little different than what I have but I’m sure it functions the same.

I have been disappointed in my last few Kreg tool purchases but the pocket hole jig is kind of their thing.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I own a lot of woodworking stuff. If you have a smaller shop this thing is fantastic.
Only complaint from most people is that the top can pinch your fingers during setup if you don't pay attention (never happened to me).
4159Wq44fFL._SX425_.jpg

Also, if you live in the metro join the Des Moines Woodworkers club. They meet regularly at Woodsmith store.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Fun fact about Kreg, it is an Iowa company located in Huxley. I actually just started working there in May as a new product development engineer.

I've used a K4 for about 3 years now and love it. If you are doing larger panels or batching out a larger quantity of parts that or the K5 is the way to go. Recently I also started using the new 300 series one as well for fixing mistakes or applications where my K4 wouldn't be practical. It's a new product to this year and the cool thing about it is it's modular.

One of the perks of working at Kreg is the discount as well. I just bought a Foreman bench top powered pocket hole set up that was a quality reject because of damaged packaging, nothing else. I'm excited to get to use it.
I bought a giant kit (KTC5750) a few years ago on Black Friday for like $170 that included a ton of stuff and still use it a lot. Have gotten great use out of other stuff I've bought like the cabinet knob jig, the hinge jig, drawer locators.

Last edited: