Woodworkers Thread

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Got one done, then got busy with other things.

Attachments

• PXL_20231118_232418690.jpg
    PXL_20231118_232418690.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: NWICY

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Anyone try selling decorations and such? Im thinking about going to Facebook marketplace or Etsy. Suburban moms eat this type of **** up.

I made this tonight as a prototype of sorts to try and gauge materials and time. Maybe try a bow or lights to see what works.

View attachment 119350

Also looking to make some of these which comes out to less than a dollar each for materials according to the YouTube channel I watched. They look way more intricate to make than they actually are.

View attachment 119351
I made a couple of them, then did a couple using 2x2s instead.

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
Made a couple of these last night while I had the smoker running.

View attachment 119655
Nice project as I need some ideas.

I'm in the midst of finishing up new cabinets for my garage and looking for the free time over Thanksgiving to get things finished up by making hardwood handles, sanding, and coats of poly, along with redoing chemical sprayer storage (Weeds, bugs...), small yard equipment organized (Blower, trimmer, edgers...), gas cans, bags of fert.... Take advantage of the nice weather to open the garage to limit dust. Also wanted to get a start on a Jack Trice logo that is back lit like someone posted in this thread a while back.

My wife says last night, you know our annual progressive Christmas party that we do with our friends each year that is about a week away? I want you to make all the ladies a wooden Christmas tree or something similar as a present for the ladies....poooooof, my free time working on my garage this weekend apparently is going to be spent different than I had anticipated. In search of project ideas as I type.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

I'm in the midst of finishing up new cabinets for my garage and looking for the free time over Thanksgiving to get things finished up by making hardwood handles, sanding, and coats of poly, along with redoing chemical sprayer storage (Weeds, bugs...), small yard equipment organized (Blower, trimmer, edgers...), gas cans, bags of fert.... Take advantage of the nice weather to open the garage to limit dust. Also wanted to get a start on a Jack Trice logo that is back lit like someone posted in this thread a while back.

My wife says last night, you know our annual progressive Christmas party that we do with our friends each year that is about a week away? I want you to make all the ladies a wooden Christmas tree or something similar as a present for the ladies....poooooof, my free time working on my garage this weekend apparently is going to be spent different than I had anticipated. In search of project ideas as I type.

Ummm, she told you what to make. It is the wooden Xmas tree.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

I ran into this channel on YouTube and he’s got a ton of projects with cut lists and videos.

Reactions: Yaz

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
Ummm, she told you what to make. It is the wooden Xmas tree.
My focus is on the mancave in my garage, not girly things, okay. I need a heads up to work in girly gift things! ;)

Reactions: NWICY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Go on about the back lit trice logo

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
Go on about the back lit trice logo
Check out Post #1237 by @behrhands ./ Copied below...I hope.

Sharing some photos from our garage project completed last year. As you can imagine, we spend a lot of out here :)

Overall a really fun project that I'll likely keep playing around with over the years. Was also an inspiration to beef up my table saw with a custom table top extension and fence extension, with a matching outfeed/clamping table. Next up is converting a Home Depot husky workbench into a much needed router table. I think I may watch too many woodworking YouTube videos...

Go Cyclones!

IMG_5260.jpg

IMG_513388.jpg

IMG_5263.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

2022-11-30 15 58 54.png

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Check out Post #1237 by @behrhands ./ Copied below...I hope.

Sharing some photos from our garage project completed last year. As you can imagine, we spend a lot of out here :)

Overall a really fun project that I'll likely keep playing around with over the years. Was also an inspiration to beef up my table saw with a custom table top extension and fence extension, with a matching outfeed/clamping table. Next up is converting a Home Depot husky workbench into a much needed router table. I think I may watch too many woodworking YouTube videos...

Go Cyclones!

IMG_5260.jpg

IMG_513388.jpg

IMG_5263.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

2022-11-30 15 58 54.png
Sweet baby, Jesus… that is awesome!

I have to do a smaller version of that for little JMs room for Christmas. I don’t have some of that equipment though.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Made a couple of these last night while I had the smoker running.

View attachment 119655
Upgrade fastening techniques. Sorry, exposed fasteners are just a pet pieve of mine. Had a cabinet maker do it to me once. Couldn't believe it. Told me it would cost a lot more which is not true. It was a stained finish which deteriorated from that day on.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Upgrade fastening techniques. Sorry, exposed fasteners are just a pet pieve of mine. Had a cabinet maker do it to me once. Couldn't believe it. Told me it would cost a lot more which is not true. It was a stained finish which deteriorated from that day on.

It was a prototype that I tacked together late with 23g pin nails, not anything I was selling. I made a jig to do everything from the back for the couple of people that want some. The jig also does a better job of aligning all the individual pieces.

Reactions: GoldCy and Yaz

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

Here’s a pic of the jig to nail and glue from behind. Just a piece of cardboard. I didn’t think anyone would notice the pin nails on the first pic but it annoys me someone did. Lol. I would never let anything like that past my garage.

IMG_4328.jpeg

Reactions: GoldCy and Yaz

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
Being snowed in gives the wife and I an ideal opportunity to use a past woodworking project of mine to make the perfect winter comfort meal: homemade beef (or chicken) and noodles. I turned this noodle cutter made of maple on the lathe. It doesn’t actually cut the noodles but sizes them so they snap apart evenly after the rolled out dough dries.

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpeg
    IMG_0262.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0282.jpeg
    IMG_0282.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0283.jpeg
    IMG_0283.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0324.jpeg
    IMG_0324.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
I thought this thread might have been more active this winter—share your projects! Haven’t been active myself in the shop and looking back I attribute that to lethargy prior to my heart attack and restrictions since. That event prompted my wife to alter my diet so she dug out this “fruit bowl” that I had made previously.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron