Wigginton

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
This is ridiculous. LW is the best player Iowa State has. He went from playing normal starter minutes and producing last year to coming back from an injury. I think Prohm has got to utilize him more. The more minutes and sets that run through him, the more aggressive he will be. He can get to the basket against anyone and did a good job setting up his team mates. The problem isn't him, it's getting him involved in the game sooner than what is happening now.

I mean yeah I guess in an ideal world that’s what he is. Right now, what does LW do at an above average level other than being a volume scorer and chuck shots? Doesn’t defend at all. Shot selection has been bad.

I agree he’s probably our most talented player, if he plays within the system and unselfishly. But right now, he’s just not very good.

I’m sure he’ll get it going at some point and then somebody can point and laugh at this thread, which I hope is the case.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
It sounds crazy but I'm wondering if starting him would take some of the pressure off.

It's possible but Prohm obviously needs to get the rotation figured out. Perhaps start him and see if he gets going early and if not then his minutes go down significantly.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
The ONLY reason he would start is to prevent a bad attitude from ruining team chemistry. Because he hasn’t done anything on the court to earn starter minutes. I think that last year was a perfect storm for him because the team needed a chucker.

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
I mean yeah I guess in an ideal world that’s what he is. Right now, what does LW do at an above average level other than being a volume scorer and chuck shots? Doesn’t defend at all. Shot selection has been bad.

I agree he’s probably our most talented player, if he plays within the system and unselfishly. But right now, he’s just not very good.

I’m sure he’ll get it going at some point and then somebody can point and laugh at this thread, which I hope is the case.
Here is my overall point:
If he is the most talented player and we know he can dominant by getting into the paint and dishing as well as scoring, why not get him more involved? I am sure I am in the minority, but I think our front court does not have an advantage over other teams in the big 12. Shayok has already been ridiculed for doing the same volume shooting you are talking about. We need LW to be the

• Optimistic
Reactions: FinalFourCy

titleist

Dec 31, 2008
Ames
About Wigginton....I really dislike his finger pointing when he turns the ball over and his tendency to flop for a foul. That needs to stop. He still plays out of control and that will likely continue until he realizes he's not the superstar of the team anymore. There is a ton of talent around him. I would however like to see him start over Babb. I think that could settle him down in the long run.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
This is ridiculous. LW is the best player Iowa State has. He went from playing normal starter minutes and producing last year to coming back from an injury. I think Prohm has got to utilize him more.

Why do you think he isn't good? What was last year, a fluke?

He’s not the best player right now- he’s the best athlete. He may be the best at hitting tough shots, but they’re still tough shots.

Utilize him more? He had the highest usage rate going into today’s game at 30.4%. That’s very high, particularly for a guy that’s never been efficient. Guys like Georges and Kane didn’t have that, and they were better at setting up teammates.

You’re referencing last year as though he played at a high level. He was a volume guy last year, and one of the biggest reasons we were bad. Teams are generally as good as their high usage guys, and ours were chuckers with low PERs

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Lindell had four assists today and would have had more if players hit their shots on his kick outs after drives. He was trying to make plays, just had a tough game.

This was the second straight game where he could not get to the line because the calls were not there. When he did, he hasn't made the free throws. That's on him, but this loss is not.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
He should be starting over THT.
As far as I can tell, lineup should be:
Babb, Halliburton, Wiggington, Shayok, Jacobson
-Lard, THT, Young/Conditt

We get really small with Wigginton in for THT. I think it could work though if you have Lard with that lineup instead of Jacobsen. Jacobsen plays kind of small for his size.

• Agree
Reactions: State43 and Die4Cy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
He will go pro after this year no matter what because the fans have turned on him
He’ll go pro no matter what, but the fans will have nothing to do with it.

If he stays another year what once was potential turns into negatives and things he lacks.

• Agree
Reactions: allfourcy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron