Wigginton #23

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
200.webp

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
247 and Scout will be releasing their updated rankings very soon as well.

Clones15

Feb 17, 2017
Number 23 seems to be a theme. Not sure when this was updated, but they have us at 23rd overall recruiting class

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/rivals-2017-basketball-team-rankings-update

to save the click
Overview: Wigginton is a big-time scorer who hails from Canada but has made his reputation at mighty Oak Hill on the high school level. Lewis is a tough and physical wing slasher while McNeill is a bouncy perimeter scorer and driver who has a big upside.

This. It probably won't happen right away, but McNeill's potential looks to be extremely high. Excited to watch him develop over the next few years.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
This. It probably won't happen right away, but McNeill's potential looks to be extremely high. Excited to watch him develop over the next few years.
If he could make his way onto the floor for some extended minutes early in the season, to gain his confidence, it will be huge in his development and mindset going forward. The last thing you want to do is discourage him, because I really think he could be a very solid player for us down the line. But Prohm isn't the type of guy to just throw in a young guy just because. So it will be interesting to watch how that plays out.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Much deserved, the kid had a great season. He didn't play much PG at Oak Hill but the sneak peak we got at the Nike hoops summit was very encouraging, even if his offense takes a while to adjust (I don't think it will but you never know with fr), he still looks like a guy who can distribute and get other guys involved from day 1.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Not that it matters, but what number was Lewis before?

Isaiah Stokes fell like a rock, didn't he? I thought he was a Top 75 guy and he ended up at #139. I think he was even Top 60 on ESPN.
I know a place that has room if Florida starts to have second thoughts.

If he could make his way onto the floor for some extended minutes early in the season, to gain his confidence, it will be huge in his development and mindset going forward. The last thing you want to do is discourage him, because I really think he could be a very solid player for us down the line. But Prohm isn't the type of guy to just throw in a young guy just because. So it will be interesting to watch how that plays out.
That's based on Young, right? That didn't make sense, but it's also a small sample. I don't think any of the four freshmen (with Lard) will need "just because" minutes though, they all bring enough to the table to merit immediate minutes. Regardless of rankings, all four have the upside to become impact guys.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Not that it matters, but what number was Lewis before?

I know a place that has room if Florida starts to have second thoughts.

That's based on Young, right? That didn't make sense, but it's also a small sample. I don't think any of the four freshmen (with Lard) will need "just because" minutes though, they all bring enough to the table to merit immediate minutes. Regardless of rankings, all four have the upside to become impact guys.
Agreed, that all 4 have the ability to become impact guys. But if any of the 4 is going to have a lesser load this year, it is McNeill. And my point was more, I hope he pushes himself into the line-up so he gains some confidence. The last thing I want is for him to come in, sit almost all of the year, then end up transferring and becoming the stud we know he can be. I know I shouldn't be thinking he will transfer right now, but was just thinking out loud. I love the way he plays, and want him to be a great cyclone.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
So Fizer, Brackins, Royce White, and Lindell Wigginton the only 5 stars to play for Iowa State?

• Optimistic
Reactions: LLCoolCY

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
When did all of this "star" stuff start anyway? With ESPN?
I think Rivals has been doing it for a long time. If I remember correctly, we had one other 5 star that never made it to campus, or wasn't good at all.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Agreed, that all 4 have the ability to become impact guys. But if any of the 4 is going to have a lesser load this year, it is McNeill. And my point was more, I hope he pushes himself into the line-up so he gains some confidence. The last thing I want is for him to come in, sit almost all of the year, then end up transferring and becoming the stud we know he can be. I know I shouldn't be thinking he will transfer right now, but was just thinking out loud. I love the way he plays, and want him to be a great cyclone.

Can you name anyone who transferred out and became a stud somewhere else post McDermott?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Can you name anyone who transferred out and became a stud somewhere else post McDermott?
"Stud" could have been a different word. But put up solid numbers at a mm school. Sherron Dorsey-Walker had a fine career at Oakland, Clayton Custer averaged 11.5, 3 and 3 last year as a RS SO, Percy did alright after leaving. Idk why we are arguing about this, all I was saying I want him to see more minutes than the garbage time minutes, ala Long last year, and want him stay.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
I think Rivals has been doing it for a long time. If I remember correctly, we had one other 5 star that never made it to campus, or wasn't good at all.

Canadian dude....his name escapes me, but I think Morgan was the one who got his commitment. Never showed up.

Nvm: Ivan Chiriaev