Why are Farmers never happy?

Are farmers too needy?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate farmers and their work. But holy **** they ***** about everything. Too much rain, not enough rain, too much wind. And then they expect the state government to write them a subsidy check for it. I have no problem with people getting the help they need, but if local farmers keep getting subsidy checks then they should stop ******** about the poor getting some welfare help as well.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Real farmers don't whine about other people. They just don't have the time or the energy.

Now, do you sometimes think you're not paid enough for the work you do? So do farmers.

Do you have to invest thousands upon thousands of dollars just to have that work? So do farmers.

Does your work enable most folks not to go hungry by keeping the price of food cheap? So does that of farmers.

Do most people think you are stupid because they have no idea just how smart farmers have to be to survive?

Do thousands of people make a living off your work without ever getting their hands dirty?

Do most people b*tch about what you do because they don't have a clue about what your job entails?

If so, then you might just be a farmer.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Real farmers don't whine about other people. They just don't have the time or the energy.

Now, do you sometimes think you're not paid enough for the work you do? So do farmers.

Do you have to invest thousands upon thousands of dollars just to have that work? So do farmers.

Does your work enable most folks not to go hungry by keeping the price of food cheap? So does that of farmers.

Do most people think you are stupid because they have no idea just how smart farmers have to be to survive?

Do thousands of people make a living off your work without ever getting their hands dirty?

Do most people b*tch about what you do because they don't have a clue about what your job entails?

If so, then you're might just be a farmer.
Thanks Paul

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018

If so, then you're might just be a farmer.
Point taken. I guess the local media blowing stories up about farmers ******** is what we get for living in a major agricultural state like Iowa. I guess all I’m saying is they are extremely hypocritical.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I complain about people instant messaging me or random mundane crap too. It’s not unique to farmers man. Their job relies on a lot of factors totally outside their control and it’s 99.5% of the time not other humans.

You should feel lucky you have someone to blame or complain about

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
There is a lot truth to be told about farmers and their subsidies, especially considering most aren't open to adding buffers to their land to lower the pollutants and even help with soil erosion. The real monsters of the Ag industry are the seed producers who hold a captive market. Same could be said of the giant mill farms turning out 20,000-40,000 head and dumping hog **** into the rivers.

Not all farmers are bad but the industry is sloppy at the margins and looking to get worse considering the Supreme Court is currently taking a knife to the EPA. Iowa has the worst water in the country. Right now Des Moines is drilling for fresh water because the rivers are so polluted it cost too much to clean it so they're adding the fresh water to help dilute the surface water.

Things need to change but they won't any time soon, I think even many farmers would agree with that.