• C: City/County

Votes: 66 34.4%

• Total voters

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The only real option would have been to have a license plate physically take the shape of Iowa... like the the NW Territories of Canada does with the bear.

nt1.jpg

See.. that would be a unique, out of the box idea.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Why does the county need to be on there?

I don't need anyone having a general idea of where I can be found

I think you've identified it: cops like being able to do that too, so they can harass out of towners.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Saw this article this morning
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...osed-new-license-plates-speaks-out/562509001/

I'm not a huge fan of the designs, but it sounds like people have attacked the designer personally online.

Yeah. I can totally understand not liking or being underwhelmed by the designs (I don't understand why anyone would care in the first place, but that's neither here nor there). But some people just think that having a keyboard and internet access gives them license to be total ********.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Saw this article this morning
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...osed-new-license-plates-speaks-out/562509001/

I'm not a huge fan of the designs, but it sounds like people have attacked the designer personally online.

Obviously it sucks for her to be brought to tears over this, but honestly nothing in those comments were a personal attack. Maybe there were others that did and if so, yeah that's over the line for sure. But people saying the designs are terrible, a high school graphic art contest, mocking the DOT for lack of thought into the project, etc., aren't personal attacks. They're harsh and blunt, but they're criticizing the work. I've seen a client ask a designer to his face "were your eyes open when you did this?" and another tell a designer something to the effect of "congratulations, you've obviously ignored 100 percent of our goals and expectations with this project." It doesn't happen all the time, and nobody likes coming under fire, but expecting critics to "be more thoughtful" in her field is just kind of delusional.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Every state should want to have a license plate where from 3 car lengths back people can tell which state that is. With that in mind, choosing the red, white, and blue one should be your last choice. Super generic and looks like half of the other state's license. Practically 2/3 of states have the same assortment of state flags, colors, eagles, etc.

I would rather have the John Bosley plate, but out of the three main options the bright green and blue one (city and county) is my favorite. No other state has a plate like that and the vibrancy would make Iowa look good IMO. You could easily pick it out from far away and it is much more contemporary and unique.