UNLV Game Thoughts

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Offense
  • Brock Purdy got his "get right" game we had all been screaming for. 21-24 is a video game line with almost 300 yds, 3 td's. He had the fearless look about him again, which is what we need the rest of the year to get back to Dallas. He plays that well the next couple weeks and we will be 4-1.
  • Breece - nothing spectacular but a solid outing, he was extremely close to breaking a long one. Good game.
  • Xavier Hutchinson - star of the offense imo, 2 td's for 130 yds. He's an nfl receiver next season.
  • O line - Simmons and Newell and the tackles brought more attitude today and it showed. Their D was brutal so they needed today to gel a bit more
  • Deon Silas - dude is actually bigger than I thought, he has some serious muscle on him already. Explosive through the hole. Interesting running back and I thought Aaron Taylor made a good comparison in comparing him to Jaquiizz Rogers of Oregon St, they look extremely similar. Shifty, short, and strong.
  • Dekkers was not great tonight but he was in mop up duty and didn't need to be great. He's a good runner and hard to bring down.
Defense
  • What can we say that hasn't been said? We have studs at every level of the D. Will McDonald if you added up sacks and holding penalties garnered, has to be leading the nation by a huge margin.
  • 19 Kymmani King - my surprise player of the D. He plays like Isheem and i think he's actually faster. When he hits people go down abruptly. Exciting talent.
  • Isheem was a beast today
  • Beau Freiler looks like a future stud at safety
  • We have good young guys on the line like Blake Peterson and JR Singleton
  • The corners don't give up big plays
  • Aric Horne LB plays with an attitude and i love his play
  • Gerry Vaughn LB is much better than I ever knew. Smaller than Vance but he runs the field really well, had a couple tackles for loss early on
ST
  • I cannot believe i'm writing this at this moment. Punt returns! Jaylin Noel was close to breaking one, got a couple 5 yd returns.
  • Mevis' 54 yard kick was a freaking beauty. That's an nfl level kick folks

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Our defense is legitimate one of the best in the country and the future looks very bright on that side of the ball despite who we lose after this year.

Offensively, Breece is a stud but I think it's best for the offense as a whole to get Brock/Sanders/Silas all a couple touches. Hutchinson is NFL talent IMO, and it was good to see Kolar get back in the groove a little bit. We need one more WR to step up to have this offense be what it could be, whether that's Scates or Noel or whoever, that would bring us to the next level

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
We needed this game but I think UNLV is the worst team we’ve played in a long time. Louisiana-Monroe a couple years ago was better.

Edit: I’m going to say worst team since Western Illinois in 2012.

Last edited:

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Deon Silas is a human bullet. He is going to be a blast to watch.

I think most of UNLVs offensive line will need extensive counseling this week.

Great to see Shaw play and make a grab.

Did anyone see Purchase destroy the return guy. Want to see him and Isheem play together

My bank account, liver and Dog say time to go home

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Deon Silas is a human bullet. He is going to be a blast to watch.

I think most of UNLVs offensive line will need extensive counseling this week.

Great to see Shaw play and make a grab.

Did anyone see Purchase destroy the return guy. Want to see him and Isheem play together

My bank account, liver and Dog say time to go home
Purchase’s hit on the kickoff return was one of the hardest hits I have seen this year.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
My biggest takeaway was the ISU fan in section 117 roughly row 24 or 25 that wouldn’t shut the hell up clearly never heard the saying that “fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.” Otherwise fun atmosphere, hell of a venue.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
My biggest takeaway was the ISU fan in section 117 roughly row 24 or 25 that wouldn’t shut the hell up clearly never heard the saying that “fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.” Otherwise fun atmosphere, hell of a venue.
I was near this and didn't hear the offender. I heard the first down calls, but not a fat drunk guy.

Reactions: aauummm and CyBobby

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I was near this and didn't hear the offender. I heard the first down calls, but not a fat drunk guy.

Think we found the fat, drunk guy.:mccaffery:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron