UNI Tailgate

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
44 Days.. better start planning.

Great weather and a nice win will make tailgating after the game even more enjoyable as well.

New for me this year is a tailgater, so I'm looking forward to hanging out in the lots after the game and watching some games!

Reactions: aauummm and EIClone

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
We are thinking a breakfast type menu. Nothing set in stone yet, either eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, possibly breakfast burritos, and/or pancakes. I have a new four burner flattop for this fall.

light snacks after the game before heading to Ledges.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I'll have my traeger tailgater down there with a Blackstone griddle beside. Make some armadillo eggs on the traeger and pancakes and eggs on the griddle..

Also bloody Mary's and some baileys and coffee.

Speaking of coffee what does everyone do for this. I've used instant in the past as I can easily boil water, but instant coffee tastes like ass. Dont want anything that is a pain to clean, like a French press. Debating on buying one of these. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-...tDIhw4V5HHy8bdXp8Iv1V3fMB-A-1vchoCUDEQAvD_BwE

Has anyone used one of these?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'll have my traeger tailgater down there with a Blackstone griddle beside. Make some armadillo eggs on the traeger and pancakes and eggs on the griddle..

Also bloody Mary's and some baileys and coffee.

Speaking of coffee what does everyone do for this. I've used instant in the past as I can easily boil water, but instant coffee tastes like ass. Dont want anything that is a pain to clean, like a French press. Debating on buying one of these. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-...tDIhw4V5HHy8bdXp8Iv1V3fMB-A-1vchoCUDEQAvD_BwE

Has anyone used one of these?

A couple Starbucks or caribou to go boxes maybe?

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Kudos to those who will tailgate after the game. I go too hard before and during. I am already planning to be asleep on couch at 5pm. Sunburned as ever.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
A couple Starbucks or caribou to go boxes maybe?

We're in the RV lots and stay the night before, (dont have enough power to run a standard coffee pot) we wont be coming in the morning where that is an option. Don't really want to rely on the people that may or may not show up day of either.
This propane percolator looks like a good solution just the reviews aren't super encouraging.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
We're in the RV lots and stay the night before, (dont have enough power to run a standard coffee pot) we wont be coming in the morning where that is an option. Don't really want to rely on the people that may or may not show up day of either.
This propane percolator looks like a good solution just the reviews aren't super encouraging.

Also I agree on the instant coffee but I also haven’t looked in to advances in that field in the last 20 years probably. Maybe there is something better out there than the Folgers brown meth crystals now?

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Also I agree on the instant coffee but I also haven’t looked in to advances in that field in the last 20 years probably. Maybe there is something better out there than the Folgers brown meth crystals now?
I'm debating the coffee that comes in tea bags. Maybe give them a go once.

• Agree
Reactions: hlb76

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
You could get a generator and run a coffee machine. That is what I do on days I want coffee. I do have to turn the air off and not plug in roasters until the coffee is ready.

• Useful
Reactions: Gunnerclone

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Anyone got any good breakfast ideas? I might just keep it simple with bacon and eggs, but would love some ideas.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Starbucks Via instant coffee and you won't be able to tell the difference. It is expensive relative to regular coffee, but you are paying for convenience.

It's 2019 guys, you can get really good instant coffee.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Coffee huh?

ci-kahlua-da368ed96ab8b622.png