Transfer Portal Tracker

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I would be surprised is Hansen is not the designated #2 and they have full confidence in him if Sama gets hurt. He got some real reps. Outside looking in, I think the coaching staff sees Hansen as just a step behind Sama.

The concern is if either of them have a season ender. Then you have depth issues, and Harris and question marks become important.

If the OL takes another step forward, there will be enough run game, and plenty of pass game, and it will be just fine regardless.
Regarding the OL.
We have been waiting for the step forward for 20 years. I am going to assume it never happens. We need creative play calling to minimize the need for a good OL.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Don't think that is a good thing

I get where you're coming from... but disagree. Which would you rather have everyone return or guys leave and force others to step up before they're ready?

This could easily be like Sean Foster deal where he comes back but doesn't play. I have faith in Clanton to pick the best 5. I also suspect that Hufford will be one of the top 5.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Don't think that is a good thing
I think our guys are big enough and strong enough. I think they lack quickness. Not sure how coachable that is. The freak athletes in football are the edge guys. Big, strong, fast and quick. They get high draft picks and big $. Takes quick feet to get in their way. I like Clanton. Certainly hope he has success - I think he is good. I think our problem is recruiting more than coaching.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Bryson Rodgers, Jayden Higgens and Jaylin Noel would be one hell of a starting 3. Beni Ngoyi would be one a hell of a #4. Add in Brahmer. Who in the Big12 could match that cast of targets?

Yes, yes, I know, we still need an improved OLine.
This would be an insane receiving corps. And if you get tired of throwing it, hand it to future All American Abu Sama. Looking forward to seeing the strides the OL makes under year 2 with Clanton

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
FWIW, ventured over to the tOSU message boards. According to them, Rodgers to ISU is a done deal, and there’s been talk of it for weeks. Can’t verify that, however a source close to the ISU program says it’s very likely. Fingers crossed!

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I think our guys are big enough and strong enough. I think they lack quickness. Not sure how coachable that is. The freak athletes in football are the edge guys. Big, strong, fast and quick. They get high draft picks and big $. Takes quick feet to get in their way. I like Clanton. Certainly hope he has success - I think he is good. I think our problem is recruiting more than coaching.

The other part of the equation is Reid Kagy and his staff. After seeing the athleticism and physicality of guys on the field, they should have a better plan to address individual player improvement needs this off-season.

Reactions: Aclone