This team is all grit

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
This feels like another season where I know we can beat 95% of the other non- Big12 teams in college basketball, but yet it will be a struggle to get to .500 in the Big 12.

I can't speak to other conferences from top to bottom but basketball is taken incredibly serious in the Big 12. Think about what it's like when KSU, ISU, OSU, OU, WVU are just having a decent season, those teams have incredibly passionate supportive fans. When those teams are just on the bubble, its certainly not a welcoming environment. With Tech being a power recently and TCU having a little bit of success the last 5-6 years, its added to the struggle to win on the road in the Big 12.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Like junkyard dogs with extra tenacity. These dudes just never, ever back down.
Comes from the top down with TJ, will keep us in most games.

Some takeaways today:
- underestimate Bob Jones at your own peril, I thought he was toast today and gets like 10 pts again
- Caleb Grill's stroke is so much better than his first go around as a Cyclone
- Ussuniyi and Ward are good rebounders, tough, team first guys
- Lipsy can play in the big 12 as a true freshman, not a great scorer - but man does he have a nose for defense and strong passing. Quality player

My baseline for the season in three days went from, i hope they get a lot better - to the NCAA tournament. What a day babes.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We’re not talking enough about how Bob Jones made some serious improvements in the offseason.

He would have had an amazing game if he didn’t short arm all those jump hooks around the basket.

He’d put an amazing move on a UNC big man, and then come up short on the bunny jump hook. Must have missed about 4 of those.

If he can get that figured out, watch out college basketball world!!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think the players respect the hell out of him because he’s basically one of them. He relates to them. He has fun with them. Mutual respect 100%.

Repeating but it feels like the players know where they stand and when you have that, a more collective outcome can occur.

Getting Green on staff was a baller move and is paying off.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He would have had an amazing game if he didn’t short arm all those jump hooks around the basket.

He’d put an amazing move on a UNC big man, and then come up short on the bunny jump hook. Must have missed about 4 of those.

He had an amazing game regardless because he got into Bakot's head a bit and made him work.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Comes from the top down with TJ, will keep us in most games.

Some takeaways today:
- underestimate Bob Jones at your own peril, I thought he was toast today and gets like 10 pts again
- Caleb Grill's stroke is so much better than his first go around as a Cyclone
- Ussuniyi and Ward are good rebounders, tough, team first guys
- Lipsy can play in the big 12 as a true freshman, not a great scorer - but man does he have a nose for defense and strong passing. Quality player

My baseline for the season in three days went from, i hope they get a lot better - to the NCAA tournament. What a day babes.

Tamin had a great game today. I don’t know if was known for, or really needed to mix it up in HS with the talent gap but he’s a fearless competitor.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019

The thing is those were in the first half, while he was at least playing solid D on him, the 2nd half, he completed the offensive moves with buckets and still played great D.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The thing is those were in the first half, while he was at least playing solid D on him, the 2nd half, he completed the offensive moves with buckets and still played great D.

He missed several in the 2nd half as well.

I’m not being critical of him at all…. just saying that if he can knock those down…. he would have had an amazing game versus the great game he had.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Holmes drives to the basket better than anybody on last year’s team. He has a good mid range game but Brockington was elite there.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
TJ hired a great staff. Blount is a future head coach in the next few years; hopefully we can keep Kyle Green around for a long time.