Texas Tech vs Baylor review

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Just watched the highlights of the game and Baylor will not play that bad the rest of the year. Brewer threw 3 brutal INTs, and they were tackling horribly on a lot of TTs big plays. Mimms flat dropped a perfect TD pass that would have won the game in regulation.

The TT QB is okay most of the time, but he also threw a couple WTF INTs. They look to have a decent RB, and a couple big receivers.

The Tech defense looks better than in the past, but they are nowhere near as good as the Cyclones. Should be a good game. Winning the TO battle again this week would help make this game easier.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Winning in Lubbock would be our best win of the season. If Brock doesn’t TO the ball and we don’t get Uber conservative, it shouldn’t be all that close.

Disagree on your second point - key to winning is running the ball good enough that we can play conservative. If we have the opportunity and ability to run it 40+ times we win.

Reactions: aauummm and JM4CY

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I think in both the OSU game and the Baylor game those teams got a little greedy and didn't take what was there, and pressed their luck down field, resulting in a bunch of INTs.

Just need to be smart and rely on the defense to stop TTU. Running the ball good this week would be great.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The back to back long road trips is what worries me. Teams rarely play really well in both games. If we pull this one out then I will start believing we can make it to the CCG.

These are long road trips for fans who drive, but not much different than any other road trip for the team who flies.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
its gonna be a dog fight
glad to have this at 11am
leaning towards a loss because i expect ttu to play very well and get a couple of breaks
but if the running game can get going like it did in morgantown it could swing to a win

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
https://texastech.rivals.com/news/p...ce-against-baylor-previews-iowa-state-matchup

"I felt like, I don't know, it just had that kind of intuition when I woke up that morning – that's the kind of day it was and it came true. Little did I know, but about five minutes after I said that coach Wells tells me the Wyoming officiating crew, the same crew that officiated the Wyoming game is the doing the game. We'll leave that at that," Patterson said chuckling.

Patterson about Iowa State:
"It starts with Purdy. They're very unique in what they do offensively. I mean, seems to me like a lot of West Coast principles. But I think like anything – against West Virginia – they come out and had a running back rush for 130 yards. You can't allow that to happen. You gotta shut down that run game and then be able to – you know, Purdy is just a winner. He's just got that moxie that coolness, that collectiveness in the pocket to be able to make plays and he doesn't panic. So again it's like you see in the Big 12 for the most part. You're going to see a great QB with a good surrounding cast and he distributes the ball all over the field."

Last edited:
Reactions: Snydes

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Their QB Duffey is not great, but he can scramble and make things happen. If we keep contain and get him rattled early I think that puts our D in a good spot to win the turnover battle

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
3dh4ha.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron