TCU head coach...

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Patterson will be fine. He admits it and owns it, not like another team that said they had no idea anything was happening.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Patterson will be fine. He admits it and owns it, not like another team that said they had no idea anything was happening.
That and his AD probably told him what to say or he was done. Again, unlike another situation.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
That should take care of this situation, I'd imagine. Didn't reach the "trash can on head" level of malice.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
IMO Gary Patterson didn't do anything wrong.

Let me get this right: A coach asks a player to stop using a word in practice, but he can't use that word while discussing the situation with the player? This turn of events seems more like the cancel culture that Andy was ranting the other day than his original intent.

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
giphy.gif

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014

Let me get this right: A coach asks a player to stop using a word in practice, but he can't use that word while discussing the situation with the player? This turn of events seems more like the cancel culture that Andy was ranting the other day than his original intent.

I think the idea is that under no circumstance should anyone use that word...

fairly sure he could have had the discussion, made his point AND not used the word. A little common sense goes a long way, especially from someone in a leadership position.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Good to see a coach be upfront and honest about something like this. I ran Gary's statement through the Kirk Ferentz filter:

I may or may not have knowledge that on a date uncertain I could have possibly uttered a word or phrase that some may deem unsavory and if some were offended I am apologetic that they were offended. Thus ends my statements, now and forever, on the previously mentioned (non) issue, and expect the findings of the internal report on this (non) issue within the next 2-3 years.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
He needs to be let go. No room for toxic white power coaches in today's college football, or anywhere for that matter.

JimDogRock

Feb 21, 2010
Cedar Falls

It's like a situation where there is a teacher with a 1st grade student that brought a swear word from home to share with the class.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron