Tailgating Question

Chizit

Dec 21, 2008
Section L, Row 11
Me and some buddies are hosting our first tailgate this weekend. I've been tailgating since I was a kid, but only ever with family in the donor lots so I basically have no experience tailgating in public lots. We have a good amount of people planning on coming, and I'm wondering which public lot is the best to tailgate in?

Obviously the "student" lots are the best location, but do a lot of people tailgate in the other public lots too? These are probably n00b questions but any help would be appreciated.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
People tailgate everywhere. We have a student, so we usually at least stop in the student lot, which is probably the best. Sometimes, we park our van there for him and his friends to use. Being old, we usually wind up in Vet Med or one of the lots by its entrance. Pretty low key there, but have met quite a few nice visiting fans in the Vet Med lot.

cycoticfan

Dec 14, 2008
Johnston IA
Next to G6 and G7 is a pretty good lot. If you have people joining but not parking usually you can park on the side streets just east of the bridge on So 4th

Chizit

Dec 21, 2008
Section L, Row 11
Don't forget your backpacks. You will look suspicious without one.
ZrK595k.gif

2clones4cy

Dec 2, 2012
We Tailgate in G7 (grass lots just east of JTS), use to be in the cement lots by the stadium but are limited to what you can do as far as space goes. Nice being able to toss the football around. There is still plenty of flip cup and beer pong going on but it just seems like you have more room. Cant wait to see the chick on the motorized cooler in her ISU bikini top:smile:

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
We Tailgate in G7 (grass lots just east of JTS), use to be in the cement lots by the stadium but are limited to what you can do as far as space goes. Nice being able to toss the football around. There is still plenty of flip cup and beer pong going on but it just seems like you have more room. Cant wait to see the chick on the motorized cooler in her ISU bikini top:smile:

200_s.gif

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
We tailgate in Vet Med, if have a bunch of people coming at different times it is a pretty good place to set up at because they allow you to park and setup where you please instead of forcing you to park in line as you come in like most of the other lots do. It is more low key but a lot of good folks tailgate there, usually some overnight RVs from the opposing team most weeks too and most of those folks are good fans that love ISU tailgating.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We tailgate near Hilton or in C-3 and have had 100+ show up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron