Tailgate in Orlando

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I just sent a CF private message to those of you who have "registered" for the tailgate. If you didn't get it, please let me know.

Fanacys

Feb 2, 2011
Want to tailgate with other CycloneFanatic.com folks? Thanks to a fellow CFer, we will be able to get some of our tailgate gear down to Orlando. Thus, we will be hosting a tailgate near the southeast corner of the stadium (exact location TBA). Just look for the 40 foot telescoping flagpole with an ISU flag proudly waving over Camping World Stadium!

[Location update: We will be in Lot 7 right across the street from Gate C (southeast corner of the stadium) or in Lot 10 the ADA lot which is adjacent to the stadium, even closer to Gate C. Both are general admission, so we need to wait until the lots open to see what is best. You never know how many staff, security, media, etc. folks get into the lots before they officially open. Regardless, we will be very close to the stadium!]

Food menu will include pulled pork sandwiches, pulled chicken sandwiches, Texas toast, baked beans, mac & cheese, potato salad provided by a local BBQ food truck/smoker. Same one we used in 2019, but this time we are going with the pulled meats.

[Food update: We will also be serving Cheez-It’s (how could we not serve them at the Cheez-It Bowl?). And brownies.]

Drink menu will include Blue Yummies, Iowish Cream, various Cody Road products, pop, and water bottles.

[Drink update: In case you somehow don’t know what a “Blue Yummy” is, it is Busch Light. Our Cody Road products will include the CF barrel pick bourbon, a bottle of Old Fashioned, and maybe a surprise drink created by the Iowa Taproom if I have time to mix it. We have added a few bottles of Iowa Distilling products (Apple Pie, Prairie Fire). After the game, we will be ready to celebrate the victory with Wilson Creek Almond Champagne.]

We hope to start serving about 1pm (before the 5:45pm kickoff) and enjoy leftovers after the game. Ours will be better than anything you can get in the stadium.

If you think you may come for food/drink, please post and let us know so that we can adjust the quantities we are ordering.

Go Cyclones! Go State!

[Update: Cost and Fundraiser. We aren’t charging for the tailgate. Rather, we want it to be a fundraiser (see below). Actual costs to us will average around $15 per person, depending on how much you eat and drink. We will have a donation bucket and a few of us will be collecting in person. Everything that we collect beyond the direct costs of the tailgate will be given to the GoFundMe for Jeff Hall. You can give now by Venmo to @KempTailgate or at the tailgate in cash, check, Venmo, or bitcoin. We look forward to enjoying the tailgate with you, but also being able to make a contribution to this good cause.

Cyclone Fanatics through the years have shown great support for good local causes. We are doing the same with the Orlando Tailgate. Everything above our direct costs for the tailgate will be donated to the GoFundMe for Jeff Hall. I learned about him from a radio interview with John Walling (father of ISU football player #6 Rory Walling) by Ross Peterson on KXNO’s Sports Fanatics last month. Jeff has been a pillar in the community for decades having huge influence on students, parents, staff, and teachers. Not only does he need our support, but he certainly deserves it. I’ll try to find a link to the interview and post it in a future update.

Here is what is posted on the GoFundMe page: “Jeff Hall recently retired from his teaching position in industrial arts at Des Moines East after a long career providing his expertise and guidance to his students. Jeff was recently diagnosed with a blood cancer known as MDS. This is Jeff's second bout with a blood cancer. He recently underwent a stem cell transplant using his sister's stem cells and is recovering in an Omaha hospital. He hopes to move to Hope Lodge in Omaha soon to complete his recovery. Please consider a donation to help with the family's costs related to his medical care as well as transportation, food and lodging while they support him during his recovery in Omaha. Regardless of whether you are able to provide financial support at this time, please keep Jeff and his family in your prayers.”

I recently heard from the Walling’s that “Jeff is very optimistic about the future. He is currently waiting on the experimental drug protocol. The Hall family is very grateful for the outpouring of love, support, and continued prayers.”]
Plan to attend. Going to Gridiron at noon. For sure we will stop by after the game. There are 3 of us. I thought I pmed you Sunday but did not receive your confirmation. Go Cyclones.

Reactions: aauummm

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Plan to attend. Going to Gridiron at noon. For sure we will stop by after the game. There are 3 of us. I thought I pmed you Sunday but did not receive your confirmation. Go Cyclones.

Unless you messaged me some other way, like Facebook Messenger, or used another name, I haven't heard from you. But you are added to the list. See you tomorrow. I'll send you a CF PM with more details.

dsreid

Dec 7, 2007
NW Iowa
Chance that my wife and I will stop by, but don't worry about food. Willing to just hang out with cyclones. We have a spot in lot M, but will walk wherever.

Jan 28, 2021
Thanks so much for doing this! We LOVED it 2 years ago. My son and I will be there!

• Winner

Drdan:-)

Dec 27, 2021
Awesome. Great to have you. I hope we can meet up to your grand champion tailgate expectations! Just keep in mind that we are putting on this one 20+ hours away with just a fraction of our gear. And getting our food from a local BBQ guy, not cooking on-site. IIIII'mmmm nnnnooootttt ttttoooo iiiinnnntttttiiiimmmmiiiiddddaaattteeeddd!

Seriously, this will be an expanded version of what we did two years ago in Orlando. It just seemed like the right thing to do for the CycloneFanatics, especially for folks like yourself who love to tailgate!
Really looking forward to it.
this is a rare bowl game (or football game period) I have not cooked at myself..it will be a fun experience.
I really an excited to swap stories!!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We are in Lot 7 near the SE corner of the stadium. Look for the 40 foot flagpole.

• Winner
Reactions: shadow and aauummm

Help Support Us

Become a patron