Stealth Technology Failing

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Old cat-and-mouse game where we have to keep moving the goal posts with Science converted to usable technology in military race:

If you recall a really odd, if not incompetent, attempt and then aborted attack on Iran, this may be the reason for the failure:
Russia Tech Helped Iran Track U.S. F-35s in Soleimani Stand Off, Company Claims : https://www.newsweek.com/russia-iran-qassem-soleimani-1527723

A solution, I thought of, is thousands of stealth drones.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I haven't read the article yet but I'm surprised it took this long. Stealth technology has been around for what, 60 years?

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
This may very well be true, but I generally need a bit more than a CEO’s claim, unsupported by evidence, to a state-run news outlet.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The important thing is that the F-35 is really really really expensive and there is lots and lots and lots of money to be made on them. Never mind they are so complicated and high tech that they can't keep a decent percent airworthy. If we ever get in a shooting war with a first world nation that lasts more than a couple of weeks we aren't going to be looking too good.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
The important thing is that the F-35 is really really really expensive and there is lots and lots and lots of money to be made on them. Never mind they are so complicated and high tech that they can't keep a decent percent airworthy. If we ever get in a shooting war with a first world nation that lasts more than a couple of weeks we aren't going to be looking too good.
In an actual shooting war, outside of China, no other nation is even close. So Im not sure what your talking about in your last sentence. China is the only true near peer left on the globe.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm and Gorm

Ace000087

Jun 10, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
www.f35.com

This is simply not true.

Reactions: aauummm

Ace000087

Jun 10, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
www.f35.com
In an actual shooting war, outside of China, no other nation is even close. So Im not sure what your talking about in your last sentence. China is the only true near peer left on the globe.

AGREE. Russia still has a large arsenal and is not anyone to mess with. China has a huge army, but their problems are force projection. Our advantage is our aircraft carrier fleet and multiple bases worldwide. F-22's, B-2s, F-35's are in limited quantity, but we still have plenty of F-16's, F-15's and F/A-18s that are upgraded and are very capable of holding their own with our fantastic pilots who undergo some of the best training in the world.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
AGREE. Russia still has a large arsenal and is not anyone to mess with. China has a huge army, but their problems are force projection. Our advantage is our aircraft carrier fleet and multiple bases worldwide. F-22's, B-2s, F-35's are in limited quantity, but we still have plenty of F-16's, F-15's and F/A-18s that are upgraded and are very capable of holding their own with our fantastic pilots who undergo some of the best training in the world.

I think the anti-ship missiles now being fielded can REALLY hamper our naval air force projection...

CyVeteran

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 8, 2006
Former Air Force Officer and Air Force Special Agent (Counterintelligence) here:
1. Our military technology is second to none.
2. Don't read too much into anything released from a state-run media (Propaganda)

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Could never figure out why they called this movie Iron EAGLE when they were flying F-16s. They should have been flying F-15s or call the movie Iron Falcon.

1598471602871.jpeg

Reactions: Ace000087

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
Any shooting war with China will either be fought in a 3rd world country or will be a short skirmish before cooler heads prevail.

Any full scale war would go nuclear and we both lose.

We arent capable of invading China or Russia and actually winning a full scale non-nuclear war.

L

LincolnWay187

This article is ********. Stealth never made the jets completely "invisible" to radar in the first place so their explanation on a shadow makes no sense. I will say that Turkey owning a soviet missile defense defense system is pretty f'ed up. That country should not really be one of our allies based on some its decisions/leadership.

Also, even if the stealth were proven worthless somehow, the engines and tech inside these jets would still destroy all the competition.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Former Air Force Officer and Air Force Special Agent (Counterintelligence) here:
1. Our military technology is second to none.
2. Don't read too much into anything released from a state-run media (Propaganda)
Defense World Net is propaganda by the state?

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I think the anti-ship missiles now being fielded can REALLY hamper our naval air force projection...
There are not only missiles there is an entire anti-battle group systems
This article is ********. Stealth never made the jets completely "invisible" to radar in the first place so their explanation on a shadow makes no sense. I will say that Turkey owning a soviet missile defense defense system is pretty f'ed up. That country should not really be one of our allies based on some its decisions/leadership.

Also, even if the stealth were proven worthless somehow, the engines and tech inside these jets would still destroy all the competition.
High resolution radar and massive computing power may be what they are talking about to detect a faint shadows and amplify them to detect stealth aircraft.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

CyVeteran

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 8, 2006
Defense World Net is propaganda by the state?

I would say by states, not state. Not saying all information is inaccurate. In fact, some of the information is very good. However, it shouldn't be taken as fact.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I would say by states, not state. Not saying all information is inaccurate. In fact, some of the information is very good. However, it shouldn't be taken as fact.
Thanks for the reply. I come from a big military family whereas all but my younger brother and I were in some military. And I may have an indirect commonground with you.

My Father was G2 in WWII. Something I never knew until the last weeks of his life when he took the cork out and told much how he served under Patton. Before that all I knew was he spent time in Italy or France (getting drunk in a wine cellar while hiding out) and treated to a Cubs game upon returning after D-Day.

And only in the last few years did I become aware one older brother was Intelligence Department of HQMC. Lastly my very secretive other brother was all over the world (his letters curiously indicated such) but always said he was at Eglin (if it still exists). The latter's wife told me in private he was in Airforce intelligence, sort of like you. So this runs in my family!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron