Space X/NASA launch

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
With everything that's going on in the world it would be nice if we could catch a break and have something that everyone can enjoy.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Man, I was invested into the launch today. I'll probably forget about it on Saturday and miss it.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Well, that sucks. On the flip side, I can get my son to watch it on Saturday with me. He's all about rocket launches.
Yep - should get some more steam/anticipation now. Seems like this crept up on a lot of the general public today.

CtownCyclone

Loves a rainy night
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Yep - should get some more steam/anticipation now. Seems like this crept up on a lot of the general public today.
Yeah, I didn't realize that it was a manned flight. Once I figured that out, I put a reminder on my calendar to tune in. Bring me back to being in school, when they'd wheel in the TV on that squeaky monster cart to show shuttle launches.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Spending over 20 billion on space in a year is stupid.

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I guess you hate cell phones? Never would have happened without space exploration.
They are also getting a long ways towards developing human organs on the space station with 3d printer and human skin cells. They say this goes much better and quicker in zero gravity.

Personally, I think Trump showing up jinxed it.... he doesn't believe in science either.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
What a bummer.... the weather looks perfect now.... it was literally fine about 10 mins after launch time.... but there are reasons they can't wait.