Sims information

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Actually - I didn't think of that. Kid could've bought stuff for Sims. Mom sees other charges. Kid says it was stolen and/or fesses up and police get stuff from Sims' apartment.

Stretch - but possible I suppose. It would be an easy explanation of how they got from missing CC to Sims.

Or, the kid could have also just given Sims and/or GF the credit card to use.

These become a huge problem if mom or son have any ties to ISU...

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Actually - I didn't think of that. Kid could've bought stuff for Sims. Mom sees other charges. Kid says it was stolen and/or fesses up and police get stuff from Sims' apartment.

Stretch - but possible I suppose. It would be an easy explanation of how they got from missing CC to Sims.

And it would only be a serious no-no if the kid or his mom were a booster, right?

At what point does message board speculation hurt our program?! Good grief, people. It has already been shown that the DesMoines Register will run with rumor off this site, do we really need to make this situation even worse?!
:skeptical:

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
hopefully the lady is a big enough cyclone football fan that, if she gets her money back, this can just be swept under the rug.

you know, like the big boys do.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
At what point does message board speculation hurt our program?! Good grief, people. It has already been shown that the DesMoines Register will run with rumor off this site, do we really need to make this situation even worse?!

Troof.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
He is both Big 12 defensive newcomer of the year and stud. Im sure he is well known enough in Ames to be identified in a video.

I wouldn't recognize David Sims out in public unless he was wearing a jersey with Sims and #1 on the back.

Doubtful a fuzzy surveillance video would make it any easier. This is a very strange case. I hope he really doesn't have any direct involvement in it.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I wouldn't recognize David Sims out in public unless he was wearing a jersey with Sims and #1 on the back.

Doubtful a fuzzy surveillance video would make it any easier. This is a very strange case. I hope he really doesn't have any direct involvement in it.

Exactly. I have talked to him and other players at practice and after practice and I don't think I would recognize them on the street if they didn't have some sort of ISU football gear on.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Re: Not a lawyer..

I believe the internet transactions created a federal investigation as well due to it crossing state lines. I haven't heard anything but Ames and Story county in this instance.

Wow, they had a federal investigation?

When my cards were stolen and about 3k used on them, the guy crossed state lines physically to make transactions. I brought the police a list of all transactions, with the location and time. Since two of the transactions were car repairs, they should have easily been able to identify the perp with a couple of phone calls. But the cops basically threw up their hands and said they didn't have time to investigate this type of crime, since I was getting my money back and apparently stealing 3K dollars isn't worth making two phone calls to arrest someone. Of course they still have plenty of offices writing tickets for 55 in a 45 mph zone.. guess police have to focus on raising funds rather than worrying about things like theft.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

This type of speculation is to be expected when it involves last year's conference Defensive Newcomer of the Year, and the fact that our defense lost a ton of starters from last year. Sims is one of our two top returning defensive players, of course we're going to speculate because we need to know if he's going to be a part of this year's team or not.

clone4good

Oct 27, 2009
IF he did do this, (which i hope he didnt) he deserves whatever is going to come at him. Jail time will do the trick... When i got ousted 150 bucks when someone got a hold of my checkbook i was ****** off. These guys have everything handed to them when on scholly, its pitiful to think that some of these athletes do this stuff.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
This type of speculation is to be expected when it involves last year's conference Defensive Newcomer of the Year, and the fact that our defense lost a ton of starters from last year. Sims is one of our two top returning defensive players, of course we're going to speculate because we need to know if he's going to be a part of this year's team or not.

And rampant speculation answers that questions, versus waiting for the *facts*? Spin it anyway you want, but these threads help no one.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
And rampant speculation answers that questions, versus waiting for the *facts*? Spin it anyway you want, but these threads help no one.

Please enlighten me as to what we should do to "help" someone in this situation.

Speculating on a stupid messageboard isn't going to hurt anyone. Paul Rhoads isn't going to base his punishment decisions on anything said here, and the Story County attorney isn't getting his evidence here either.

GaryJohnson

Sep 11, 2008
Chicago
I think it looks pretty bad that Sims hasn't posted anything in either of these threads to clear his name and get everything out in the open. You know, show he has nothing to hide, allay everyone's fears, that sort of thing. Pretty fishy, ya ask me.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I think it looks pretty bad that Sims hasn't posted anything in either of these threads to clear his name and get everything out in the open. You know, show he has nothing to hide, allay everyone's fears, that sort of thing. Pretty fishy, ya ask me.

Ok........ Yeah, I am sure he patrols this site all the time.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006

If he's getting legal advice from anybody, and I'm sure he is, the last thing he's going to do is come onto a message board and start spouting off about the details of the case regardless of what actually happened.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Or, the kid could have also just given Sims and/or GF the credit card to use.

These become a huge problem if mom or son have any ties to ISU...
How is that a huge problem? A stupid mistake by a teeenager, I have two at my house and they make dumb decisions every day. I can't see this being a compliance problem like the mom bought them a stuff as a boooster, actually that would probably be better.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
How is that a huge problem? A stupid mistake by a teeenager, I have two at my house and they make dumb decisions every day. I can't see this being a compliance problem like the mom bought them a stuff as a boooster, actually that would probably be better.

This could be a huge problem, especially considering 2 things: (1) NCAA is doing a lot of investigation related to improper benefit - see USC and just the last several days: trip to Florida made by several players from different programs and (2) our history with NCAA is not good. Remember the story about one former basketball player who lost a year of eligibility ? In this situation the host-parents involved were not boosters, if I recall correctly, but still it was regarded as improper benefit

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron