Seneca Time!

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Tuff situation for Seneca.....with a week getting all the reps he'll look better next week.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Not so sure about that. SW sure didn't have a fraction of the time the Bear's QB did. That last series they looked exactly like the ISU OL.
Yea that last series was a lost cause. OL isn't as good now that Lang has a concussion and Barclay is definitely a weakness but no OL is going to look great when a team can just stack the box because they don't have to worry about getting beat by Seneca's arm.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Well if Rodgers is out for an extended time period you can take Matt Flynn being picked up to the bank.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Yea that last series was a lost cause. OL isn't as good now that Lang has a concussion and Barclay is definitely a weakness but no OL is going to look great when a team can just stack the box because they don't have to worry about getting beat by Seneca's arm.

Seneca didn't look very good, but he didn't have much help. No one blocked for him, and I don't think Green Bay was calling plays that matched up with Seneca's strengths (rollouts, bootlegs, etc.). There really weren't many pass plays at all until 3rd and 11.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
You could tell that Seneca hasn't taken many practice reps and they didn't adjust to his skill set. On the other hand, he's also getting older and slower.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Seneca didn't look very good, but he didn't have much help. No one blocked for him, and I don't think Green Bay was calling plays that matched up with Seneca's strengths (rollouts, bootlegs, etc.). There really weren't many pass plays at all until 3rd and 11.
I guess were going to have to agree to disagree. OL was far from perfect but they were far from horrible. Run blocking was able to make some huge gaping holes at times and the pass blocking was okay at times but not great. 3rd down conversions were terrible tonight with only being 1-9. There were times were Seneca faced 3rd and long but also plenty of other times Seneca faced 3rd and 4 3rd and 5 etc. and couldn't make a play.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I guess were going to have to agree to disagree. OL was far from perfect but they were far from horrible. Run blocking was able to make some huge gaping holes at times and the pass blocking was okay at times but not great. 3rd down conversions were terrible tonight with only being 1-9. There were times were Seneca faced 3rd and long but also plenty of other times Seneca faced 3rd and 4 3rd and 5 etc. and couldn't make a play.

I just can't talk bad about Seneca.:smile:

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

His coach did not help lot with running on 1st and 2nd down and then creating an obvious passing situation. Also the coach should have challenged on the bobbled pass. That was really stupid. Saving that challenge for later sure turned out like a great idea.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
His coach did not help lot with running on 1st and 2nd down and then creating an obvious passing situation. Also the coach should have challenged on the bobbled pass. That was really stupid. Saving that challenge for later sure turned out like a great idea.
Can't disagree. I was very upset that he didn't challenge that. There was nothing to lose and I think there was enough evidence to overturn that play. Also, I agree it wasn't the best called game by McCarthy.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
3 reasons to play conservatively with Seneca. He hasn't played a snap since 2011. His passing is somewhat questionable. There is no backup for him if he gets injured.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Re: Seneca Wallace

This was a no win situation for Seneca. Probably hasn't had many reps, no receivers, and trying to fill in for Rogers is tough.
Packers fans are probably crying for Flynn right now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron