Scholarships without Malou

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I am a fan of charts and I like the Scholarship Chart on this website, so after the Malou news this morning I did some work in Paint to update it before the CF people did

Neikl4i.png

Looking at it this way, you would have to think that Prohm will be targeting a transfer with more than one to play (as half of our team will be seniors next year already).

I also think it is very likely that our starting lineup will have 5 seniors on the floor and we will probably play 5 seniors at once among the six seniors quite a bit of the time

What do you think about the scholarship situation now? I had thought this would be a rebuilding year but now it looks like next​ year (17-18) will be the real rebuilding year.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
There are no rebuilding years if you do it right.

I would say returning zero starters would be considered a rebuilding year by most people. And that is likely to be the case for ISU in 17-18

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
There are no rebuilding years if you do it right.

I would disagree. Next year will be a rebuild. You just hope that your rebuilding years are in the bubble range rather than finishing 9/10th in the B12.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I would disagree. Next year will be a rebuild. You just hope that your rebuilding years are in the bubble range rather than finishing 9/10th in the B12.

We've heard so many times that next year will be a rebuild year. Maybe we should wait to see who we bring in. There's a difference between rebuilding and reloading.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Whew! Good thing this was updated. I was trying to figure out how many scholarships were available now that there are 12 guys instead of 13.

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
We've heard so many times that next year will be a rebuild year. Maybe we should wait to see who we bring in. There's a difference between rebuilding and reloading.

Agreed. Not to be that guy, but somebody ask KU about rebuilding years. No I don't think we are on KUs level, but if you do it right you should only reload.

With our extra schollie add a transfer who sits 1 to play 2, next year add a Juco Transfer that can play immediately, add 1-2 grad transfers. Then pick up 3-4 high school recruits, and you are back to balanced.

In this scenario you roughly have:

2-3 seniors
3-4 juniors
3 sophs
3 freshman

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Agreed. Not to be that guy, but somebody ask KU about rebuilding years. No I don't think we are on KUs level, but if you do it right you should only reload.

With our extra schollie add a transfer who sits 1 to play 2, next year add a Juco Transfer that can play immediately, add 1-2 grad transfers. Then pick up 3-4 high school recruits, and you are back to balanced.

In this scenario you roughly have:

2-3 seniors
3-4 juniors
3 sophs
3 freshman

How many times have we said "Looks like this is the year to knock of KU because they are down this year" . . . only to watch them win the Big 12 again.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I like the core of Young, Lard and Long coming in. I'm not sure the amount of time they get, but all three seem to be ahead of the curve in terms of having a Big 12-ready body.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS

You are on point. I am sure staff already have a plan in place to recruit high caliber transfer and JUCO in next coming weeks.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
How many times have we said "Looks like this is the year to knock of KU because they are down this year" . . . only to watch them win the Big 12 again.

I was in my 20's. Now I wake up at 3am to head to the bathroom, which isn't due to drinking 25 beers. :(

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron