Scamming the scammers

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I've recently got into scam baiting videos. Jim Browning, Trilogy Media, and Kitboga are all good channels on youtube to watch.

Reactions: Zyklon

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
There are some good videos out there where some guys setup virtual computers and play along with the windows scammers. They have it setup to open up graphic websites or change the shortcuts up to open up something than what the hacker is trying to do. Funny to see them get mad when they realize they have been played. Seen some ones with the gift card scams where people keep them on the line a long time and play stupid to waste their time.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Ever wonder how to get back at the phone scammers? Long but interesting video.

This is good because these guys are trying to do something to put a stop to these places in India, they are exposing these massive call centers and their locations. It is amazing to me that our government looks the other way and has never gotten involved. It is obvious the local and state government in India is complacent and possibly even involved at least on the payroll. But I can not believe that other countries, especially the US, has not put pressure on them to shut these down.

Hopefully people like this that are doing their own work to expose these operations will finally get not only those officials in India to do something but also other governments to get involved as well.

Reactions: khardbored

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Buy an airhorn and blast away. Lower your voice just prior to blasting. Tell them you're having a hard time hearing them and suggest they turn up their headset volume as well. Fuc*ing riot hearing them yell. It's the same as a thief standing in your house. I've given this tip to numerous small business mechanical shops. Next time I'm in, there's the airhorn by the phone. They aren't sure it helps but fun as hel*!

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I love answering in Spanish. And then they double check their sheet 3 times seeing “white middle aged male” and are all confused.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I love answering in Spanish. And then they double check their sheet 3 times seeing “white middle aged male” and are all confused.
Done that before and got called a racial slur which was an unexpected response. I've messed with 1 of the car warranty scammers before. Let them talk for awhile then told them I had some 1970s model. The guy said they only offered warranties on cars made after 1985 which I responded that I guess they had some bad info on what kind of car I own.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclone06