Ryan Anderson

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
Just seen that Pat Mineo is reporting that Ryan Anderson didn’t get accepted into Iowa State.

• Dislike
Reactions: cyputz

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
Well isn't this just a kick in the nuts.... He was a huge recruiting coupe, hope it gets sorted out, but definitely disappointed.

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Well S***

Wonder if it was a clerical error or something. My freshman year roommate was an absolute dumb *** and he got accepted.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
How is this even possible? Bethlehem Catholic has to have pretty tight academic standards, along with being very highly recruited, you'd think there would be no way they'd let him slide on school/testing there. Doesn't make sense to me, something isn't adding up.

I see nothing about this on Twitter from Mineo...

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
How is this even possible? Bethlehem Catholic has to have pretty tight academic standards, along with being very highly recruited, you'd think there would be no way they'd let him slide on school/testing there. Doesn't make sense to me, something isn't adding up.

How is it possible that the OP would post something like this? Is that the question? He usually posts some anti-ISU type stuff.

cyguy2170

Nov 10, 2013
Even if it is true, tons of time to get accepted. The formula to get accepted takes in account your GPA and ACT. He hasnt got his final GPA yet and there are several ACT sessions left. Also, even if he doesn't automatically get accepted they review those applications. No inside info whatsoever, but I'd venture to say probably still up in the air if it is even a question.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Even if it is true, tons of time to get accepted. The formula to get accepted takes in account your GPA and ACT. He hasnt got his final GPA yet and there are several ACT sessions left. Also, even if he doesn't automatically get accepted they review those applications. No inside info whatsoever, but I'd venture to say probably still up in the air if it is even a question.

Why I don't believe it too much. If you are at a Christian school and you want to go to college, the RAI has ways to hammer out certain classes to get into iowa universities with a poorer ACT score or a lighter GPA. Like you mentioned, his school year is not completely done and there is still time to take the ACT so the OP is just blowing hot air most likely, and like usual.

cyguy2170

Nov 10, 2013
Why I don't believe it too much. If you are at a Christian school and you want to go to college, the RAI has ways to hammer out certain classes to get into iowa universities with a poorer ACT score or a lighter GPA. Like you mentioned, his school year is not completely done and there is still time to take the ACT so the OP is just blowing hot air most likely, and like usual.
Yeah I can't remember it all, but his GPA could be a 0.0(obviously not possible). And if he got a 23 or something on his ACT hes automatically in. Same with ACT if he got a 0 and was top 50% in his class. Could be off on that but just saying no way its a done deal

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

He's hoping: https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/ryan-anderson-commits.240535/page-2#post-6281695

• Winner
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah I can't remember it all, but his GPA could be a 0.0(obviously not possible). And if he got a 23 or something on his ACT hes automatically in. Same with ACT if he got a 0 and was top 50% in his class. Could be off on that but just saying no way its a done deal

It's different now. Neither ACT or class rank works solely now, at least for in-state. I would guess out of state would be similar. My son will start in August, so I'm pretty fresh on the requirements. If you load up with certain classes, you can get that gpa and ACT to be would most would consider too low and still be ok.

Funny thing is, my son is taking A.P. classes through a local JUCO that is teaching Iowa structured business courses. They are so poorly developed (guy is using all U of Iowa guidelines, syllabus, and instructor guidance) that kids who have older siblings tell to not take them because they are worthless. Some are huge Iowa fans.

• Funny

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Since this troll has started something in wrestling I might as well give an update from my good source with the Hawk program. This source is a deep one. U of I has a few things going on right now that is making the bros nervous. This upcoming year is to be their's it's believed but there may be some shake ups. If Teasdale is enrolled at Iowa next semester, it will make the info that was given to me very likely. Will be interesting and I will just wait to see what teasdale does and how the rest of the semester goes before I do a compete info reveal. I hate pure speculation, but the Teasdale thing can take what I was told and erase any thought that it is a rumor.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Since this troll has started something in wrestling I might as well give an update from my good source with the Hawk program. This source is a deep one. U of I has a few things going on right now that is making the bros nervous. This upcoming year is to be their's it's believed but there may be some shake ups. If Teasdale is enrolled at Iowa next semester, it will make the info that was given to me very likely. Will be interesting and I will just wait to see what teasdale does and how the rest of the semester goes before I do a compete info reveal. I hate pure speculation, but the Teasdale thing can take what I was told and erase any thought that it is a rumor.

I don't think Lee taking an Olympic redshirt is going to be that big of a surprise to anyone.