RV Village - Assignments

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I don't own a camper but this RV village is bad ass.
I think this is going to be very popular.
It’s sold out, it already was popular. If it catches on further, it’s going to require a higher donation to have a chance at a spot. Any room for growth?

Reactions: aauummm

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Not sold out. Lots of vacant spots on the south end.
Interesting. I assumed that since they required a minimum donation they expected enough interest to fill the spots. Thanks for the information.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Seems like they should find places to put the dumpsters other than in the grassy endcaps in the RV Village.

Dumpster at 800.jpg

mfl3cy

Sep 9, 2021
Pleasant Hill
Seems like they should find places to put the dumpsters other than in the grassy endcaps in the RV Village.

View attachment 102816
That has the most room, so it makes sense to me. Where do you think they should go? Just curious. (some enclosed fencing next to the main roads would be really nice, from a beautification standpoint. Maybe that is in the next phase.)

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
we liked staying in the village. One thing that I think could be a minor improvement is spraying that tree sap mixture on the rest of the drive aisles. Since there was some dust, although wasn’t terrible.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
That has the most room, so it makes sense to me. Where do you think they should go? Just curious. (some enclosed fencing next to the main roads would be really nice, from a beautification standpoint. Maybe that is in the next phase.)

I think they could put porta potties and dumpsters in the corners of the lot and be fine.

Last edited:

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA

View attachment 102816

This is where we tailgate and we choose the end on purpose cause we have 3 campers, 4 including the end spot which just so happened to be friends as well. Putting the dumpster there gets into where we tailgate due to our large group that shows up. I have reached out to ask them to move it.

• Friendly

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
This is where we tailgate and we choose the end on purpose cause we have 3 campers, 4 including the end spot which just so happened to be friends as well. Putting the dumpster there gets into where we tailgate due to our large group that shows up. I have reached out to ask them to move it.

You have 4 spots in a row and the 4x6 dumpster is in the way?

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
That is public space and not space just for your group to use. If they move the dumpster then people in that row would have to walk further.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
That is public space and not space just for your group to use. If they move the dumpster then people in that row would have to walk further.

No one uses the grassy endcaps in the new RV Village except the people who park next to them. And even many of them don't. It is one thing to have a porta-potty there, but quite another to put a dumpster there. There are plenty of other places for dumpster, such as in the corners, around the utility building, or along the fence. If nothing else, they should be concerned about what the porta-potties and dumpsters are doing to the sweet new grass.

P.S. This isn't just about us big shots getting what we want. In our case, we worked with the Athletic Department in order to maintain space for our community tailgate tradition that serves 100+ without charge each home game.

Reactions: yler4cy and aauummm