Rus and Scates

nickoff

Oct 14, 2017
Portland, OR
I have no idea week to week where our receiving core is or what they are doing.
I follow the team pretty close via these forums, and each week at game time, I always wonder, will anyone besides X, Milton or Noel catch a ball or try.

It is hard to understand why the receiving group is such a failure this year.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
boy that rus injury didnt help, that bootleg action was nasty with him vs osu

according to the way too early depth chart thread u probably dont see scates again

I saw that too, anyone know why? I know he has had some trouble. He caught that bomb against KU and I think that was the last time we saw him.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
UGH!!!

"Iowa State tight end Jared Rus left the game after just the first play when he suffered a laceration on his lower leg.

“There was a really deep cut, almost down to the bone,” Campbell said, adding he did not think Rus would be out for an extended period of time." DMR

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
UGH!!!

"Iowa State tight end Jared Rus left the game after just the first play when he suffered a laceration on his lower leg.

“There was a really deep cut, almost down to the bone,” Campbell said, adding he did not think Rus would be out for an extended period of time." DMR
I saw that....nuts....wonder if it was a bad cleat scrape or what?

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Yea Rus seemed to be becoming a key part of the offense. That injury was unfortunate, but par for the course yesterday.

CyclonePigskin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 28, 2010
DSM
I have no idea week to week where our receiving core is or what they are doing.
I follow the team pretty close via these forums, and each week at game time, I always wonder, will anyone besides X, Milton or Noel catch a ball or try.

It is hard to understand why the receiving group is such a failure this year.
X, Kolar and Hall account for about 60% of receptions YTD, followed by Milton and Noel. These five have about 75% of all receptions.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Isn’t the scuttlebutt that it’s a forgone conclusion already that Scates will transfer?

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Isn’t the scuttlebutt that it’s a forgone conclusion already that Scates will transfer?
Either that or he is gone already. I don't recall him getting hurt and he has not played in weeks. The young man I am afraid isn't mature enough or doesn't get it. Good riddance if so.