Roll Call for KU?

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
We have two tickets in Section 24.

I suppose I could work and find this info, but offhand, does anyone know the KU rules? I know mask required like ISU.

Concessions? Can we bring in snacks/drinks in clear bags? Tailgating allowed? TIA

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I'd be shocked if the rules would be any different down there as opposed to here...

danwbarrett

Mar 29, 2006
University City, MO
We have two tickets in Section 24.

I suppose I could work and find this info, but offhand, does anyone know the KU rules? I know mask required like ISU.

Concessions? Can we bring in snacks/drinks in clear bags? Tailgating allowed? TIA
I just searched on “KU 2020 football rules” and read a 10/1/20 article providing what you’re looking for.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
They have a very well-crafted prohibition of tailgating. Best (worst) I've seen.

"Tailgating will not be permitted before, during or after football games at David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium. As defined by Kansas Athletics, tailgating is the congregation of more than one individual by a vehicle consuming beverages or food of any variety – this is prohibited for fan safety to avoid potential gatherings of large crowds. Additionally, no tables, chairs, cooking equipment, coolers, tents, canopies or other coverings may be set up in parking lots or on Campanile Hill which would be used for entertainment/tailgating purposes before, during or after the event. Fans are encouraged to park their vehicle, gather stadium entrance approved belongings and enter the stadium at the nearest gate based on seat location. All individuals over the age of two are required to wear masks (covering nose and mouth) upon exiting a vehicle until returning to the vehicle and leaving KU property."

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
They sold beer last year, but I am not sure with COVID if they are this year.

Either way, I'll be the drunk guy wearing ISU gear with a Cy-head hat on.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
They have a very well-crafted prohibition of tailgating. Best (worst) I've seen.

"Tailgating will not be permitted before, during or after football games at David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium. As defined by Kansas Athletics, tailgating is the congregation of more than one individual by a vehicle consuming beverages or food of any variety – this is prohibited for fan safety to avoid potential gatherings of large crowds. Additionally, no tables, chairs, cooking equipment, coolers, tents, canopies or other coverings may be set up in parking lots or on Campanile Hill which would be used for entertainment/tailgating purposes before, during or after the event. Fans are encouraged to park their vehicle, gather stadium entrance approved belongings and enter the stadium at the nearest gate based on seat location. All individuals over the age of two are required to wear masks (covering nose and mouth) upon exiting a vehicle until returning to the vehicle and leaving KU property."

The irony of the KU football program worrying about large crowd safety never gets old

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I may know someone who may have a parking pass for the Mississippi Street parking garage who may try to hold a small breakfast tailgate on its roof before the game. Shhhh. PM me or just show up.

At worst, 5 of us can watch Gameday in my truck while enjoying biscuits and gravy, donuts, and coffee with Iowish Cream.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I may know someone who may have a parking pass for the Mississippi Street parking garage who may try to hold a small breakfast tailgate on its roof before the game. Shhhh. PM me or just show up.

At worst, 5 of us can watch Gameday in my truck while enjoying biscuits and gravy, donuts, and coffee with Iowish Cream.

There may be a small, social distancing tailgate on the roof of the Mississippi Street Parking Garage (just southeast of the stadium corner where the ISU team buses are parked). Biscuits and gravy with sausage, coffee, Iowish Cream, Free State Stormchaser beer.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron