NFL: Rex Ryan fired as Bills Coach

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Buffalo Bills have reached an agreement to hire Sean McDermott to be their next head coach

http://pro32.ap.org/article/ap-source-buffalo-bills-agree-hire-mcdermott-coach

Solid Hire in my opinion, as the Bill's have a good roster to run a 4-3 defense. That is what they ran 2 years ago when they lead the league in sacks. Looks like the OC targets are Mike McCoy and Norv Turner, both would be good offensive minds for the run game with McCoy.

I wonder what job he'll get in 2019, after the Bills fire him.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Buffalo Bills have reached an agreement to hire Sean McDermott to be their next head coach

http://pro32.ap.org/article/ap-source-buffalo-bills-agree-hire-mcdermott-coach

Solid Hire in my opinion, as the Bill's have a good roster to run a 4-3 defense. That is what they ran 2 years ago when they lead the league in sacks. Looks like the OC targets are Mike McCoy and Norv Turner, both would be good offensive minds for the run game with McCoy.

I wanted an offensive minded HC, but if he can bring in a top-notch OC, I'll feel a lot better about this hire. We have so many pieces on the offense that we shouldn't have been as bad as we were. No excuses.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I wanted an offensive minded HC, but if he can bring in a top-notch OC, I'll feel a lot better about this hire. We have so many pieces on the offense that we shouldn't have been as bad as we were. No excuses.

The offense wasn't the problem though. I believe Top 10 OVOA and in scoring. The defense wasn't a fit for Rex/Rob Ryan and fell off a cliff with a lot of talent rated below 25th in the league. I do agree getting a good OC to get more passing production out of the Tyrod or QB TBD would be preferable.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
The offense wasn't the problem though. I believe Top 10 OVOA and in scoring. The defense wasn't a fit for Rex/Rob Ryan and fell off a cliff with a lot of talent rated below 25th in the league. I do agree getting a good OC to get more passing production out of the Tyrod or QB TBD would be preferable.

For me, it was about the inconsistencies. There were a few games in particular where the offense didn't come out prepared in the least.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron