Respect for these players

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Rabbuk, it's about respecting people for working hard, dedicating themselves, and trying to do all the right things. Sometimes despite those efforts, you get beat. Not just in sports but in life. That's the way it goes sometimes.

At some point in your life you may come to the realization that supporting a person, group, team, whatever, who has faced adversity but still shows up and works hard is a far better thing than praising a person only for success. Or, you might just go through life being an a-hole. Who knows.

It's a football game.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Nice generalization on the "fans". I didn't drink yesterday and I'm not hung over. Way to deprecate the fanbase that have been with ISU long before and long after these players and coaches were here and leave. These players aren't in prison and aren't compelled in any way to do this except for their own want. I hope the coaching staff isn't babying them like you are.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
It's a football game.

Be serious.

I get what the OP is saying. We all do. However, it's an unnecessary reminder. To be honest, the people that would actually care about this topic, already do think about those things. The people that don't care, will mock and ridicule.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Amen. I would love to witness the Al Bundy's and Uncle Rico's on this board try to go through what they do.

Much respect for what players go through and feel bad for them today, especially the defense. Here's hoping everybody is ****** enough about letting a winnable game slip away that they don't let it happen again next week. Some of us weren't blessed with athletic talent so not sure what you want people to do. If Al Bundy and Uncle Rico don't show up and sit in the stands then these guys are lifting weights at State Gym and not hanging out in a $20M facility. I think everybody knows what success looks like and this program could use some more of it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I have respect for the players and what they do.

I tend to lose respect for the staff when development doesn't increase from one season to the next.

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
No one is wishing that these adults fail or really saying anything except that compared to the rest of the country, they are a poorly coached, bad football team... If they can't handle that truth, life is going to be pretty tough on them.

Additionally, if their feelings are hurt over what our fan base says thank god they didn't go to a competitive school because ISU football fans are the tamest, most okay with losing fan base in the country.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
These players signed up to play football for Iowa State. The players deserve better. The university owes them more. A better coaching staff, for instance...

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
It's not their fault they lack talent and play in the big 12

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Let's not act like a lot of the players didn't party last night....I can't speak for a lot of the players but it's a Saturday night at college and the game ended around 8:00.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Let's not act like a lot of the players didn't party last night....I can't speak for a lot of the players but it's a Saturday night at college and the game ended around 8:00.
But that's just another reason to give them respect!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron