RECRUITING: Christian Young commits

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
I saw Golesh retweeted his commitment. Is that an NCAA violation since it has the recruit's name in it? I saw it and immediately cringed while at the same time happy because I think this kid is a stud with the tools to play in the league someday.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I saw Golesh retweeted his commitment. Is that an NCAA violation since it has the recruit's name in it? I saw it and immediately cringed while at the same time happy because I think this kid is a stud with the tools to play in the league someday.
No. They took away that rule sometime in the past year I believe.

spk123

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Des Moines
I saw Golesh retweeted his commitment. Is that an NCAA violation since it has the recruits name in it? I saw it and immediately cringed while at the same time happy because I think this kid is a stud with the tools to play in the league someday.

IIRC, they changed that rule recently so that coaches can retweet recruits.

• Informative
Reactions: OnlyCyclones

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I saw Golesh retweeted his commitment. Is that an NCAA violation since it has the recruits name in it? I saw it and immediately cringed while at the same time happy because I think this kid is a stud with the tools to play in the league someday.

Pretty sure a new rule this year took effect that coaches are allowed to retweet recruits tweets.

• Informative
Reactions: OnlyCyclones

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013

Don't you think this staff would know twitter rules?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I hear there's a new rule about this and we should be OK.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
This is a great get..his size and play making is awesome. I dream to think what this staff will do if this team wins 7+ games.

• Agree
Reactions: CyFy and aauummm

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Great get.... but as we all know, pretty meaningless at this point. Definitely want him to be a Cyclone though, but I'm at the point that I'll welcome him aboard when he signs on the dotted line. Looks like a great prospect though.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron