Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I don't blame George K and the PAC 12 media for doing what they're doing, but they've been in desperation mode since the Big 12 got their deal. It's sad really.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Mr. Canzano…lol

I love these tweets because some of these guys love to parse words.

Canzano uses the words "involved" & "in play". That doesn't mean FOX has made a financial offer.

A potential explanation for Canzano's statements is Amazon or Apple have bid on 100% of Pac12 inventory and are looking to sub-license some games to linear networks. It might be a win/win for the Pac12/Linear Networks. Pac12 gets the money they want from Apple and maybe Fox and ESPN get games they want at a lower price.

• Agree
Reactions: HouClone

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I love these tweets because some of these guys love to parse words.

Canzano uses the words "involved" & "in play". That doesn't mean FOX has made a financial offer.

A potential explanation for Canzano's statements is Amazon or Apple have bid on 100% of Pac12 inventory and are looking to sub-license some games to linear networks. It might be a win/win for the Pac12/Linear Networks. Pac12 gets the money they want from Apple and maybe Fox and ESPN get games they want at a lower price.

The AZ President made it clear the other day. No more than 50% of their games streaming or they are out. Looks like GK is trying to clean up that mess.

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
He means you have to click past the FOX channels when you pull up PAC games on Bravo! and QVC on channels 62 & 63

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Fox, ESPN, and Amazon can all get what get want from PAC at lower total costs if in Big 12.

From ASU board:

“If the Big12 can re-open their deal with their current partners by adding 2 or more mountain or pacific time zone teams. If they do so the payout cannot be decreased, it can only get better. ESPN/Fox would be contractually obligated to carry content, but could bring in another partner(s) if agreed upon by all parties (Amazon for example). Can’t understand it for you, can only explain it.

Basement is $31.6M + escalator. Fox/ESPN

Ceiling is $31.6M + Escalator + new money/partners.”

Add 6 PAC to Big 12. ESPN gets late window and maybe Thursday night. Amazon Friday night. Fox gets filler for FS1/2 plus basketball.

Then add ACC leftovers and redo basketball revenues

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Fox, ESPN, and Amazon can all get what get want from PAC at lower total costs if in Big 12.

From ASU board:

“If the Big12 can re-open their deal with their current partners by adding 2 or more mountain or pacific time zone teams. If they do so the payout cannot be decreased, it can only get better. ESPN/Fox would be contractually obligated to carry content, but could bring in another partner(s) if agreed upon by all parties (Amazon for example). Can’t understand it for you, can only explain it.

Basement is $31.6M + escalator. Fox/ESPN

Ceiling is $31.6M + Escalator + new money/partners.”

Add 6 PAC to Big 12. ESPN gets late window and maybe Thursday night. Amazon Friday night. Fox gets filler for FS1/2 plus basketball.

Then add ACC leftovers and redo basketball revenues
Tell ASU to pound sand, their Pres is douching it up.

• Agree
Reactions: Gorm

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
ESPN is not laying people off because they are losing money. They are cutting fat so they can maximize profits for the major shareholders.
it isn’t like ESPN just now realized they had to return value to shareholders. Maybe they aren’t losing money, but when mature companies lay people off it’s because their financial performance is not great.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
it isn’t like ESPN just now realized they had to return value to shareholders. Maybe they aren’t losing money, but when mature companies lay people off it’s because their financial performance is not great.
Apparently you don't follow the financial news I do.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I say take Arizona and Colorado. I'd stop there and wait to see how things in the ACC shake out. Louisville strikes me as a great addition given their proximity to Cincy and WV.

Reactions: HouClone

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
UO is AAU, Rather pathetic considering they dont have an engineering program nor a Medical program. and spend less than half on research that ISU does. But somehow they can maintain their AAU membership where ISU couldnt.

UO is the lowest school in AAU by quite a bit. I am not sure what they have that they research, sports management research I guess. And I dont understand how anything they do research counts for AAU because AAU heavily weights Medical and Engineering over everything else.
They live on the west coast and they are more enlightened than Midwestern people. I have not checked your figures, but this does not surprise me.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
The new spin is back to FOX. I really feel like we're all just living in a massive revolving loop of bull **** lol

groundhog-day-bill-murray.gif