Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Small school, not particularly relevant in revenue sports, politic issues also being a massive one, don’t really bring much to the table
They bring the #5 media market in the country and donors with limitless pockets. This is the exact reason they've completely distanced themselves from the word 'Christian' over the last 20 years.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Scott Frost seemed like a good hire at Nebraska too. Riley is more proven but nothing is guaranteed.

USC is probably the school that can take the most advantage of NIL in the country. They are going to get everyone they want now.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
That's the other thing that's nauseating about this. All the media members who hated on the Big12 for expanding are lauding the BiG for the same things.
It will never be about what actually happens. It never has. No matter what the Big 12 does, it will be ridiculed. And no matter what the Big 10/SEC does, it will be lauded as visionary and genius. The Big 12 has no connections in the national media. It's disgusting to listen to year after year.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Small school, not particularly relevant in revenue sports, politic issues also being a massive one, don’t really bring much to the table

If the Big 10 is going to go to California they are going to want a Texas team. TCU is honestly probably the best one left.

Reactions: Jer

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I fully understand that perspective.

As a fan of ISU forever (I just turned 40), I can say without hesitation that I'd rather be competitive with peers than be a sucker that gets stuck at the bottom of the super league. We saw ISU as the sucker of the Big 12 for too long and it would be the same in a super league. I'd rather go against Kansas, K-State, Texas Tech, etc and have something to look forward to on game day. Not sure, that may be an abnormal view/preference.

I guess I don’t think we’d be at the bottom of that league. We’d be at the Iowa level. Plenty good enough to have some fun and still be relevant nationally.

In the big 10 you still have Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, nebraska, Rutgers, Maryland. We’d compete with those.

Reactions: Cfinnerty16

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So……like rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Purdue, NW, Minnesota, Nebraska, Illinois in regards to revenue sports. If you are bringing up the religion part for politics, they have distanced themselves more and more all the time from that side.

They are the Dallas/ft worth metro. They bring that.

• Winner
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
What kind of timing wouldn’t suck for us?

Jeremy’s talking about how he wants to be in the lower level league. I’m saying I think we’d fit in the mid tier of a big 10 pretty easily.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson