Ranking the Big 12 QB's

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think there's plenty of blame to go around on our passing attack. But if they are going to continue to call plays down the field for guys who struggle to get open, Brock is either going to have to go back to being creative outside the pocket or continue to struggle.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
With those kind of write-ups Brock's draft status is going south quickly. Still early, but the chances of him coming back for a senior season is not out of the question.
I would place those odds at much more than likely.

Reactions: IcSyUclone

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
With those kind of write-ups Brock's draft status is going south quickly. Still early, but the chances of him coming back for a senior season is not out of the question.
He’s not going to the draft barring something crazy. Still has a few things that stick out on film that the scouts will not like (still throwing a lot off the back foot even when not pressured).

And unless he gets a really good grade and feedback of going in the first 2-3 rounds there’s no way he goes.

Reactions: CycloneUnderdog

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
With this kind of write-up Brock's draft status is going south quickly. Still early, but the chances of him coming back for a senior season is not out of the question.
There's no way Purdy gets drafted this season unless he passes for 500 yards every game for the rest of the season. The best he can hope for is to come out firing in 2021 and get drafted early in the 2022 draft class.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
There's certainly a few different aspects going into this; receivers not open, O-line had a couple guys banged up, and Purdy not playing to his potential we've previously seen.

He's 100% coming back next year, and that's a good thing. He's not a RB who needs to go get paid ASAP- QB's are playing into their 40's now, if you've got game you will make money.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
It’s most definitely not all on Brock. But he has missed guys at times he absolutely needs to hit.

Absolutely. I just think there are bigger issues with our scheme and talent level at WR that are leading to Brock being "off" this year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A little bird told me that Charlie and Brock are both highly likely to come back. They also told me not to be surprised if others stay due to this year not counting towards eligibility.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I'd trust the OU coaching staff to maximize a QB's talents over our staff if I'm allowed to be honest...

Our coaching staff has done great things with the program so far - but I think it's fair to say they don't have much tolerance for risk in their schemes.