Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I wish threads where people post a bunch of songs had a warning label so you can choose not to click on them. They take so long to load, I just have to back out of the entire site. Sometimes same with twitter links. It's unfortunate because I like the music topics, but I'm old and only have so much more life to live that is better spent not waiting ten minutes for a thread to open.
Are you on a mobile, or just a slow net connection?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I am so tired of people requesting I do something that is an "emergency" and then after I am ready to go I have to wait on them to decide if it is really what they want to do.

Reactions: carvers4math

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Are you on a mobile, or just a slow net connection?

Sometimes laptop, sometimes mobile, and the internet connection is not slow for anything else. In fact, son's friend who works for Google was surprised at how fast our internet was. The site in general has seemed almost worse than before CW "fixed" it. I have given up on mobile until someone says the Walmart redirect is fixed.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Heat in the house is working very intermittently. I had been hoping to not have to worry about it for awhile but the last couple of days and the next week is not helping us. Places I have called are full two to three days out too. Bahhumbug

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Heat in the house is working very intermittently. I had been hoping to not have to worry about it for awhile but the last couple of days and the next week is not helping us. Places I have called are full two to three days out too. Bahhumbug

April has an R in it so it's still a heating month, at least in Minnecolda.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Two Bob insurgents this morning. Believe they were members of the Northside Bobs and not the Southside Bobs. Yeah, based on observations I believe I am dealing with two distinct rival squirrel gangs.

Reactions: Cybirdy

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Had my review yesterday. Probably one of the most positive I've had with this boss. Maybe because I went into it saying "look, I'm not a programmer. It's not part of my job description, and it's not part of my skill set." Net result is that we will be compromising and working on this [piece of crap] program together this summer. It's my hope that once she starts actively trying to USE it (instead of just looking at the pretty blinking lights), she will realize how unwieldy it is, and how slow, and how completely unforgiving of errors it is. One can dream...

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Sometimes laptop, sometimes mobile, and the internet connection is not slow for anything else. In fact, son's friend who works for Google was surprised at how fast our internet was. The site in general has seemed almost worse than before CW "fixed" it. I have given up on mobile until someone says the Walmart redirect is fixed.
I was just curious...I never seem to have trouble, but I'm always on a desktop, and rarely, on my laptop (I have a hard time typing on the non-ergo laptop keyboard, and I spend so much time correcting typos that I get frustrated!).

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Sweatshirts & space heaters for those tweener days. :)

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Sounds like time for a weekend vacation somewhere warm or where the heat works.

There seems to be a shortage of people who do heating/cooling, plumbing, and especially in our area, electricians. And I think there is pretty good money in it. Kind of worried that when all the older and middle aged tradesmen I know retire, there will not be enough people to replace them. We changed insurance and needed an electrical inspection. We got a guy to come do that quick and asked him about some upgrading. He said for anything more than an inspection, he was booked for the next two years.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Two Bob insurgents this morning. Believe they were members of the Northside Bobs and not the Southside Bobs. Yeah, based on observations I believe I am dealing with two distinct rival squirrel gangs.
Sup Playa

gangster_squirrel_by_mooing_duckerberry.jpg

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
A bird made a nest in the chute of our chipper sometime between Tuesday afternoon and this morning. I don't think it'll be happy when it returns.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Sounds like time for a weekend vacation somewhere warm or where the heat works.

There seems to be a shortage of people who do heating/cooling, plumbing, and especially in our area, electricians. And I think there is pretty good money in it. Kind of worried that when all the older and middle aged tradesmen I know retire, there will not be enough people to replace them. We changed insurance and needed an electrical inspection. We got a guy to come do that quick and asked him about some upgrading. He said for anything more than an inspection, he was booked for the next two years.
It's like that in my town too. I'm not saying this is bad, but there's a lot more kids going to college instead of straight into the workforce.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
It's like that in my town too. I'm not saying this is bad, but there's a lot more kids going to college instead of straight into the workforce.

We can get Amish to do quite a bit, but electrical really isn't their thing. I don't think vocational training in high school is as good as it was when I was a kid. And more kids are into video games and electronic devices than actually doing any kind of manual work. A friend of my son's who couldn't put down the video games and flunked out of ISU is now actually a pretty good heating/cooling/HVAC guy though.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Schools should be encouraging kids to get into the trades. There will always be a need for carpenters, plumbers, electricians, HVAC etc. I know welders that make a real good living.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Sweatshirts & space heaters for those tweener days. :)

Yeah we will survive. MrsWx is the one that doesn't like the cold and she will be gone all day tomorrow. Just a little annoying to have to turn it off and on until it works for a bit.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I turned my heat on Wednesday after work.:mad:
It was 58 in the house and it wasn't going to be getting any warmer.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I usually go to Fridays of the Drake relays with my brother. I totally wimped out today. It is raining and 39 degrees here right now. Plus no umbrellas. He's nine years older than me and keeps using that to give me grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron