Random Thoughts Thread #1

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
so at a four-way stop by my work people will come to the intersection at the same time. one going east and one going west. the guy going west will go and then once he's done the guy going east will go. GO AT THE SAME TIME. people have road rage because other drivers suck.

And than there are the guys who have no concept of waiting their turn. Was a a very busy four-way stop (cars backed up north-south-east-west) last week and nearly got hit by a guy who just stopped and than went with me turning left in front of him. It gets even more dangerous because with some of the motherships people drive can totally block your view when they are passing in front of you.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
About the black socks, I saw kids like this at the county fair last week. Actually, I see it everyday--that is my 10 yr old. ;) I may have told her she looks like a 90 yr old wearing her calf length black socks. Obviously I'm not hip to what is cool these days. Neon is also very "in".

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
so no answer of course as to why its in?

Cause they make your calves pop. I'm sure most of you near my age (29) knew people that shaved their legs in HS, at least if you went to summer basketball camps. Same thing. Black calf length socks sure beats that.

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Why is it that whenever I hand my phone to someone to show them something, they put their fingers on the screen & change whatever was on it?!

It's because people are different and like to see things at different scales. srs :smile: Also, women like to check your background sometimes to make sure there isn't a girl or a kiddo on there.

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
When and why did wearing these stupid looking flat bill hats become such a trend? They look ridiculously stupid.

images

Because a flat brim gives you more sun coverage.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Cause they make your calves pop. I'm sure most of you near my age (29) knew people that shaved their legs in HS, at least if you went to summer basketball camps. Same thing. Black calf length socks sure beats that.
old men must have some sweet calves.

edit. I wear a flat bill only for softball because it is better since I wear glasses. but then again I'm practical.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
That is great!

I often wonder when everyone in the world lost their ability to pick out sarcasm. I understand it can be difficult when reading something, but if you are talking to a person it should be pretty clear they are not being serious. Right? RIGHT???

It's not that people lost their ability to pick out sarcasm in real life, it's just that it gets :dull: because it's barely above poop jokes on the humor scale.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Why would anybody wear socks and sandals anyway? I thought that was a nerdy thing?

It's so you can easily slip into another type of shoe at a moments notice. Say you've just finished your morning run and take off your running shoes, but you have a tennis match on your calendar. You can keep your socks on, slip on your sandals to keep your socks in perfect shape, and saunter on down to the local tavern to get a double Tito's Bloody Mary...because that's the only way that ***** is going to have a chance at beating you at tennis.

High schoolers are probably wearing socks and sandals because they've just come from open gym and they've been playing so much basketball their feet are totally nasty looking.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
About the black socks, I saw kids like this at the county fair last week. Actually, I see it everyday--that is my 10 yr old. ;) I may have told her she looks like a 90 yr old wearing her calf length black socks. Obviously I'm not hip to what is cool these days. Neon is also very "in".

Neon socks that are long enough to go over cowboy boots are very nice.

Last edited:

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Exactly what entitlement does a person have to park like this? I watched the driver get out of the car and walk in, and the car had no visible parking sticker?

View attachment 20934

Honestly, this just emphasizes the epitome of what American society has become today. "Give a **** about who? Laws? Oh, that's not really a law. I'm important here, I'll just be in there a minute, no one parks in those spots anyways, plus, those people already have a chair, why do they need to be close?"

I've kind of given up at this point. We've flipped the switch and it's game on. I'm sure this person brought their dog in with them and wears black socks with sandals as well.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
this jerk lawyer across the street from my office had his car blocked in by an ambulance. instead of waiting until the ambulance left he decided to drive up on the sidewalk to the end of the block and then get back in the road.

so sorry your schedule can't accommodate the heath of another person.

edit - how do you define expectant mother? can any pregnant woman park in those expectant mother spots? what if she's only 3 weeks along?

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
this jerk lawyer across the street from my office had his car blocked in by an ambulance. instead of waiting until the ambulance left he decided to drive up on the sidewalk to the end of the block and then get back in the road.

so sorry your schedule can't accommodate the heath of another person.

edit - how do you define expectant mother? can any pregnant woman park in those expectant mother spots? what if she's only 3 weeks along?

Or if she is expecting to have a baby in 3 years?

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I remember once seeing a giant yellow Hummer with no handicap tags parked in a handicap spot. And the rest of the lot was almost totally empty. That's like another level of *******.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
once saw a red Mercedes pull up in the fire lane at the Hy-Vee at Jordan Creek and University, the woman driving left it running and went in. No one was left in the car.

my wife and I parked, went in for 10 minutes, paid and left.

the Mercedes was still there. I wanted to take that thing and move way out in the parking lot.