Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
@ImJustKCClone they are starting a new game on CF, it sort of is like Big Brother in theory, MJ4Cy is running it thought you might want to look at it. Listed in off topic forum for now so more people will see it.
I've seen the thread. I like mafia because (outside of the mafia) there is little ability to work with others behind the scenes, and everyone stays honest to that. I tried the Survivor game, once. There were a lot of private conversations behind the scenes, and it was more of a case of "who are your friends IRL" than actual game strategy. From mj's description, this seems to be exactly what he's shooting for. Hard pass.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I've seen the thread. I like mafia because (outside of the mafia) there is little ability to work with others behind the scenes, and everyone stays honest to that. I tried the Survivor game, once. There were a lot of private conversations behind the scenes, and it was more of a case of "who are your friends IRL" than actual game strategy. From mj's description, this seems to be exactly what he's shooting for. Hard pass.

Reminds me of the Olympics thing.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Probably. Or else they think you are dumb, which is, of course, totally off the mark.
The being dumb might be the more rational part. I've openly accepted I'm the dumb one in RTT when we talked ACT scores. I overcome with my street smarts and stunning good looks.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
You've never seen the Magic Mike movies? You're missing some of my best work as an actor?
Channing Tatum is many things. A beefcake and a guy who has a sense of humor and doesn't mind making a fool of himself (if you've ever seen him perform "Let it Go" on lipsync battles...).

An actor, he is NOT.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
When they plowed our streets yesterday they had already been driven on all day and being that it was plowed by pickups with a blade the road are just hard packed snow. With the clear skies and sunlight that snow today should melt just enough to freeze tonight and turn them into a sheet of ice.

• Sad
Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When they plowed our streets yesterday they had already been driven on all day and being that it was plowed by pickups with a blade the road are just hard packed snow. With the clear skies and sunlight that snow today should melt just enough to freeze tonight and turn them into a sheet of ice.
Yeah, pickup blades have feet on them and they set them to be a half inch or so above the concrete. That way they don't have to deal with the cutting blade wearing down hard.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
An actor, he is NOT
Yet from about 2011 - 2017 he was in seemingly every other movie released. Hollywood is weird that way. Someone will become Box Office Hot for a while so they get a ton of roles because they know the name will sell a lot of tickets that first week.

Status
Not open for further replies.