PJ Fleck legit?

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Sparty isn’t good this year and our DC needed to be fired a couple weeks ago. We’re playing a 4-2-5 that somehow can’t cover WR while also not getting any pressure on the QB. Our own QB has regressed dramatically and his mechanics are really bad. We’re also without 7 defensive starters but with all that being said they came out an executed. We make every QB look good but their stud RB reminded me of a slightly smaller Derrick Henry. I legit don’t know how good Wisconsin is, their loss to WSU looks a little better with how WSU is handling Oregon but this should really be Fleck’s year to get to the title game. Problem is both OSU and Michigan would absolutely light minn defense on fire so it will be another big ten east victory.

• Informative
Reactions: RezClone

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Sparty isn’t good this year and our DC needed to be fired a couple weeks ago. We’re playing a 4-2-5 that somehow can’t cover WR while also not getting any pressure on the QB. Our own QB has regressed dramatically and his mechanics are really bad. We’re also without 7 defensive starters but with all that being said they came out an executed. We make every QB look good but their stud RB reminded me of a slightly smaller Derrick Henry. I legit don’t know how good Wisconsin is, their loss to WSU looks a little better with how WSU is handling Oregon but this should really be Fleck’s year to get to the title game. Problem is both OSU and Michigan would absolutely light minn defense on fire so it will be another big ten east victory.
7 defensive starters out? Really?

Reactions: isutrevman

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Well that explains getting lit up. Had no idea.
We were going to get lit up either way. The defensive scheme simply doesn’t work. Every QB looks like a heisman candidate when they play our defense. Usually we do better stopping the run but we’re down to third string DT by halftime

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
My Gopher buddy had no idea the condition of the MSU's defense. He was bragging the Gopher offense up as dominate. And he has no idea how bad the West is.
Yeah sadly 2 of the guys missing are captains and out for the year so it’s not gonna get better. Minn still executed very well. They identified what our god awful scheme would give them and they took it. Their RB is legit. I think when they are going to be forced to play against teams with significant O and D lines they are going to struggle. Good news is only about 2 teams in the conference have that threat.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Minnesota being good doesn't bother me. We seem to very rarely recruit against them, unlike Iowa and Nebraska who we seem to be in recruiting battles with a lot. I wonder if Minnesota is keeping a lot of instate players now that used to go to Wisconsin, contributing to them falling off a bit.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I went to my first game in Huntington Bank Stadium on Saturday. Loved it! Great stadium all the way around. The game was rough though. More tike Ruff! Ruff! B1G West is B-A-D bad. On my way in the stadium, I had two young people say something positive about my Iowa State seat cushion.

However, they definitely do NOT like TOE! Understatement. I saw and heard all kinds of anti Iowa Hawkeye sentiment at the game, and the revelled in the Michigan score. On the way out, I heard some people chanting: "The Gophers may have lost, but Iowa still sucks!" Made me chuckle.

As for Fleck, not a fan. Snake oil salesman like Dabo, but not as good of a coach. Plus, all of that rowing stuff is super annoying. I'm kind of surprised that an old historical program like Minnesota has bought into all of that.

By the way, here is a pic from my seat.

Attachments

• Purdue@Minnesota_100122.jpg
    Purdue@Minnesota_100122.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 13

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I don’t have friend from MN (or elsewhere), what is the consensus of MN fans on Fleck at this point? They’re at least competent for the Big 10 West, but with a lot of movement coming for coaches in the Midwest, could see them getting tired of his shtick.

Reactions: AlaCyclone

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I went to my first game in Huntington Bank Stadium on Saturday. Loved it! Great stadium all the way around. The game was rough though. More tike Ruff! Ruff! B1G West is B-A-D bad. On my way in the stadium, I had two young people say something positive about my Iowa State seat cushion.

However, they definitely do NOT like TOE! Understatement. I saw and heard all kinds of anti Iowa Hawkeye sentiment at the game, and the revelled in the Michigan score. On the way out, I heard some people chanting: "The Gophers may have lost, but Iowa still sucks!" Made me chuckle.

As for Fleck, not a fan. Snake oil salesman like Dabo, but not as good of a coach. Plus, all of that rowing stuff is super annoying. I'm kind of surprised that an old historical program like Minnesota has bought into all of that.

By the way, here is a pic from my seat.

Dabo is a snake oil salesman? Yeah ok. You can not like his quirkyness but to say he isn't a good coach is dumb.

That's why I dumbed your post.

• Agree
Reactions: Jer and Acylum

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron