Outgoing transfer tracker

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
View attachment 106139

Am I missing something here?
FWIW, that barely cracks the top 100. There's some context that has to go into that number but I would say somewhere between 7.5 and 8 would be a decent Mendoza line to use. Obviously if you're a screen heavy offense or a Mike Leach offense, you're naturally going to have a lower number but 6.7 is pretty low in our offense. His passer rating is slightly better in terms of ranking which is obviously good considering the number of INTs and given the amount of times the game has been put on his shoulder. All in all, statistically, I don't think he was all that bad and I don't think it'd be fair to expect a lot more out of someone with all the offensive struggles. He's in the top 30 in completion percentage so his accuracy isn't a huge issue at this point. I guess I'm just not real worried about that position so long as the rest of the unit improves.

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
You are avoiding the question. What they have Rus do in our offensive scheme shows the defense what play we are running, especially when we run any motion. Ben Bruns has broken this down so many times. So yes, having him as a lead blocker/extra blocker is actually hurting us because he can't effectively do his job from the get go since the defense knows exactly where we are going. There's no secret we always have this thought that the defense seems to know exactly where our plays are going in the run game. They do, and that's the problem. So until they can fix their scheme, Jared is worthless as a blocker unless he is ELITE. Which he is not.
Unfortunately Rus’s biggest play of the year was his forced fumble on Brock at the goal line against Iowa.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Where does everyone find their kickers? There are 30+ guys in the pros who all kick over 50 yards reliably and we can't even have one that can hit 35 consistently, same with punting.
It seems like UNI always has a pretty decent kicker, but you’d have to disregard his home stats to get a fair assessment.

Reactions: isutrevman

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
Where does everyone find their kickers? There are 30+ guys in the pros who all kick over 50 yards reliably and we can't even have one that can hit 35 consistently, same with punting.

1) There aren't 30+ reliably from 50, but there are probably 28 reliable from 45 and in, maybe 25 teams are happy with their kicker.
2) Most of those 25 have been there a really long time
3) There are 100+ colleges trying to get 18-22 year olds to do this thing that many HS don't even try to do

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
1) There aren't 30+ reliably from 50, but there are probably 28 reliable from 45 and in, maybe 25 teams are happy with their kicker.
2) Most of those 25 have been there a really long time
3) There are 100+ colleges trying to get 18-22 year olds to do this thing that many HS don't even try to do

I'm sure you are right with this but every week you watch those guys drill 50 yarders to win games sometimes multiple 50 yarders within a game. It just bugs me we can't find a decent punter and kicker.

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
Totally agree. Without looking, missed field goals cost us several games this year and in the past. For example, remember the Alamo Bowl - one that comes to mind in the past. Same for kickoffs - we need a kicker that can consistently kick to the end zone.