OT decommit

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
We need some bodies in the OL room. This one will hurt. Maybe this is what needs to happen to get Campbell to realize Myers needs to go. Nobody wants to play for a guy who won't develop you and most likely set you up for failure.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Let's be honest we'll need to hit transfer portal to fix O-line for next year...

I still think it is much more about the blocking scheme and coaching, than just guys who aren't good enough physically.
Step 1: New OL coach
Step 2: Transfer Portal OL
Step 3: HS OL

They're losing the best offensive linemen, Downing, and best case scenario, the OL coach can get 2 of the remaining OL to buy in/transform into Big 12 quality starter.

I would like to see at least 2 newcomers in the starting 5 next year.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
That's why OL & OC coaching changes seem warranted. Guys like Simmons, Downing, etc have played a lot of snaps at ISU and they seem to have regressed. It would be one thing if they hit a ceiling with their strength & conditioning. But their technique & teamwork should get better with age!

If we have missed on the vast majority of our last 20 OL recruits- then our issues are BIG!
I think it has to be schematic. They are going through the same strength and conditioning as our DL, who seem to overachieve every year. And we dont recruit that side of the ball noticeably better.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I think it has to be schematic. They are going through the same strength and conditioning as our DL, who seem to overachieve every year. And we dont recruit that side of the ball noticeably better.
Who would be the highest rated offensive lineman recruit under Campbell? Deyo? Ramos?

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
My source is telling me Myers is for sure gone after the season but he isn’t sure about any other coaches. Kind of stating the obvious move we’re all hoping happens, I know, but at least we can have some excitement going into the off-season knowing Campbell’s going to be making some moves (and will be around next year )

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
My source is telling me Myers is for sure gone after the season but he isn’t sure about any other coaches. Kind of stating the obvious move we’re all hoping happens, I know, but at least we can have some excitement going into the off-season knowing Campbell’s going to be making some moves (and will be around next year )
Still not willing to fire his friends I see.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Which grad assistant will be moving into the O-line coach position?

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
Would be completely inexcusable if Manning is back next season.

Nococy

Jan 10, 2021
Fort Collins Co
come on defense
a lot of it is technique. we stand straight up and don’t move our feet very well

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
come on defense

a lot of it is technique. we stand straight up and don’t move our feet very well
That’s the zone block though right? I see the same thing at OKSt and it’s just as pathetic. How that style caught on is beyond me.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Running Sanders into the line time after time in the goal line is just being stubborn. At least the OC was shamed into putting Dekkers up on center for short yardage situations.