On to Kansas Week Thread

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I don't get it either. KU is winning (I don't care against who), they are at home, we're less experienced than last year, and we haven't exactly set the world on fire. How are we favored? Guess I don't understand the betting world if thats the clue. Having said all that, hope our offense can step it up this week.

This is why you don't understand the betting world.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
The one thing that sucks is we are getting KU early in the Big 12 season and have yet to demoralized by the other teams. That being said, ISU will have to start the demoralizing....

c-fro

Nov 17, 2018
From a Wildcat fan please shut the jayhawks up this weekend. There fanbase is intolerable and delusional. It was ok just dealing with it during basketball but 4 weeks in and they think they will be playing for a national title football.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
The defense is going to have to put a lot of time in on KU. They do a lot of crazy stuff. Still I think that JH will have a plan to slow them down. They are giving up an average 32+ point in the last games, so there is going to be some opportunities for the offense to score some points. They are giving up close to 300 yards though the air in those games, but look pretty decent against the run. It will be an interesting game.
Yeah I think this one will come down to defense and winning TO battle.

This is a game where ISU's defense is going to cut off the head of KU's offense- their QB. Daniels is averaging 80 ypg rushing and 220 passing. Priority one s/b take away his run option.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
From a Wildcat fan please shut the jayhawks up this weekend. There fanbase is intolerable and delusional. It was ok just dealing with it during basketball but 4 weeks in and they think they will be playing for a national title football.
Nothing would please me more than a repeat of last year's 59-7 beat down. The Beaker fans rushing to the bandwagon after 3 games after forgetting they even had a football program for a decade is more than annoying. A big slap of reality and they will be back to drawing 2k for home games again. I would love to be the ones delivering that slap.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
This team is never going to be perfect, they couldn't overcome the hand they were dealt in the first half. It's easy to say "it didn't occur in a vacuum" but what about Fryler? Does he assist in making some stops? does he force a turnover? We will never know because he was tossed for a bull sh!t targeting call. What about the possession Baylor scored a TD on when our DB was picked? That was text book offensive PI and should have been a 15 yard penalty. It's easy to say make the next play but those calls matter!
We were down 17-14 at half. So as bad as the officials were in the first half, if we win the 2nd half, we win the game.

The reality was Baylor took it to ISU for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half. We need to be better in the trenches.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
We were down 17-14 at half. So as bad as the officials were in the first half, if we win the 2nd half, we win the game.

The reality was Baylor took it to ISU for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half. We need to be better in the trenches.

Yeah I understand that but like I said this team isn't going to be perfect.... They are going to have a bad series here or there, the first half put us way behind the eight ball.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

It's almost like looking in the mirror then?

Ingynow

RIP CHC
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 3, 2017
Omaha, NE
Dekkers and Jalon Daniels both like to sling it. I see our defense as better than their defense. I think Daniels will try to do what he has been doing (and getting away with) and will try to hit some tight windows that our defense will snuff out...and hopefully pick off. I do not think Daniels can out Dekkers, Dekkers.

I think it will come down to our defense being able to hold him in check. He can run better than Dekkers IMO.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
I really like our chances if we don’t lose the turnover battle.
Honestly I'm pretty confident in this one. KU's improved, but they've played no one. They played WV when they were really struggling. They beat a Houston team who almost lost to Rice, and they beat Duke who also sucks. Their defense is giving up a lot of yardage as well.

I see this going as KU's offense will get some yardage between the 20's but will stall in the redzone.

I think we'll put up a lot of points. I also think we're going to piss-pound them with our running game. By the 4th quarter I think we'll have completely worn out their D.

We'll see, but I really like our chances, especially coming off a loss.

Frog

May 6, 2021
Yes, KU first, then KSU.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Runnings qbs give me nightmares because I haven't seen us contain/stop one.
Yeah, one of the weaknesses of a 3 man DL where the DE's tend to pinch in. Baylor's QB had no issue rolling out on play action.

Heacock has to figure a way to keep Daniels in the pocket and at same time minimize windows for Daniels to run/throw inside the tackles.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Yeah, one of the weaknesses of a 3 man DL where the DE's tend to pinch in. Baylor's QB had no issue rolling out on play action.

Heacock has to figure a way to keep Daniels in the pocket and at same time minimize windows for Daniels to run/throw inside the tackles.
We don't have the LBs to spy him, either. So you're either going to have to spy him with johnson/freyler if you spy him at all.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron