On to Baylor Week Thread

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Question, has anyone tried using screen shots of tickets to get in this year? I am giving my tickets to my uncle who is in his 70s and he doesnt know how to accept the transfer of tickets so i was hoping i could just take screen shots and send those to him.
that worked last year, i assume they haven't changed anything this year. I always screenshotted them since internet is so bad around the stadium and I couldn't rely on the app working. I'll find out this weekend.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
that worked last year, i assume they haven't changed anything this year. I always screenshotted them since internet is so bad around the stadium and I couldn't rely on the app working. I'll find out this weekend.
I am giving him the tickets this weekend so hopefully someone can chime in here. I know when i took the screen shot it told me it wouldnt work.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Both games so far this year I am about 90% sure that the kid scanning my phone didn’t actually scan or enter anything into his little scanner thing and just pretended he did.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I love being in Ames with thousands of Iowa State fans on a fall Saturday, but I won't be making it to a game this season for the first time in a long time. Nobody want to go anymore, and it doesn't have much to do with the team. The casual new fan that has come on board in the last 8-9 years has very little interest in going to an Iowa State game these days, unfortunately. Anecdotal, but that's been my experience. I can get a handful of grads to go, but more casual fans in Des Moines would rather watch at home/at a bar.

I don't think that's even close to true. I know tons of people who never used to go to games that are attending multiple games per year.

Reactions: t-noah

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Heard on the radio today Campbell is 16 of 17 in the last 17 B12 games at Jack Trice Stadium. I wouldn't have guessed that those Sept stumbles stay in mind more than they should.
The "September stumbles" get way overplayed too...

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Question, has anyone tried using screen shots of tickets to get in this year? I am giving my tickets to my uncle who is in his 70s and he doesnt know how to accept the transfer of tickets so i was hoping i could just take screen shots and send those to him.

It worked last year. You can also still print out your tickets. If he has email and a printer you could send him the PDF.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I don't think that's even close to true. I know tons of people who never used to go to games that are attending multiple games per year.
I noted it was anecdotal, but it's very true in my experience. I hope you're closer to reality, but I think it's still difficult to get casual fans to Ames. Could be an age thing as many of my friends have young children.

Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I noted it was anecdotal, but it's very true in my experience. I hope you're closer to reality, but I think it's still difficult to get casual fans to Ames. Could be an age thing as many of my friends have young children.
Proximity to Ames matters too. I'm in the DSM area so it's much easier for the casual fans I know to make it to a game compared to fans a couple hours away. I too have young kids but we typically make it work but yeah it can be a challenge. Kids in both rural on metro areas are in way more organized activities than when I grew up. As a kid our weekends were always wide open but that's no longer the norm.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015

Two works. Special teams. It's hard to win or consistently win close games when you consistently struggle fielding punts, kicking field goals (sans Mevis), covering on kicks/punts, and eliminating returns (touchbacks). It's a hard thing to correctly tabulate (especially retroactively) but I guarantee there were several games in there where there was a net disparity of 150-200 yards of field position. Doesn't really show up in the stats but it does on the field.

I don't think CMC will ever excel in close games until he decides to makes STs a priority. Until then those units will continue to cost us games.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015

Another comment on this. It's not just the spread, but Campbell has been atrocious in close games. Going back through 2017 Iowa state is 3-9 (apologies if I'm one off as I tabulated quickly) and games decided by 3 or less and 9-16 in games decided by 7 or less. When you look at those losses, many were aided by horrendous special teams play.

So glad we have individual S and CBs coaches, as well as TEs coaches, rather than using that slot on an Sts coordinator. Nothing to see here.

• Winner
Reactions: khardbored and Jer

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Just mooching off of friends who host, obviously.

Come on, man. You know what I meant.: a ton cheaper (and better) than concessions.
Haha. Freeloader!!! You are banned for life!

Totaling kidding! :D

Tuwf.gif
Haha. You are a sick puppy! :p

:)

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
I love being in Ames with thousands of Iowa State fans on a fall Saturday, but I won't be making it to a game this season for the first time in a long time. Nobody want to go anymore, and it doesn't have much to do with the team. The casual new fan that has come on board in the last 8-9 years has very little interest in going to an Iowa State game these days, unfortunately. Anecdotal, but that's been my experience. I can get a handful of grads to go, but more casual fans in Des Moines would rather watch at home/at a bar.
General alcohol sales might help with casual fans. It's only a matter of time, but I wish it'd be sooner rather than later.

(Might get flamed here.)

Anecdotally, I've heard opposing fans surprised and disappointed you can't grab a beer inside JTS on plenty of occasions. My family from Minnesota, for example, can't wrap their heads around not being allowed to grab a beer at the game. If you've ever been to a Vikings or Gophers game, i can see why you would think it's just silly to even debate it, and I think it makes us look idk small time or maybe prudish, Idk.

Those are probably bad ways to describe it, but I think it's just an unnecessary impedment to many who arent die hards like us. I just think we're past that purity argument in 2022 with NIL, legalized sports betting, beefed up tailgating etc. We've all heard the whole family atmosphere argument, but I really don't think that holds water when you can openly carry beers everywhere outside and even drink up to the gate.

By no means do I mean to imply it's a hill to die on, but I think a tipping point was reached at some point recently where it's more trouble than its worth to hold off general sales, rather than the other way around which I can see why it may have been in the past.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Let's blast this mold!!!
**** Baylor, if you're going to the game, get rowdy, be loud, and have fun watching the Cyclones kick some Bear ass.

I was there at the 122F vs 95F sideline temp game where Baylor took away our tents because of "improper paperwork". It was hot as ****. On top of all the other **** this program is responsible for over the years. Baylor can go **** themselves.
If not already motivated enough, this (last year, them taking the tents away, coolers probably too, who knows) should very much do it!!!

Not too much, if any, respect for the Bears...NONE after this stunt last year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron