NFL: ***Official Week Eight Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Gets going tonight with the Redskins @ the Vikings. Minny is in a bit of a groove, and even without Thielen tonight they should be able to handle the Skins pretty easily. I think with Kirk Cousins you're always waiting for the other shoe to drop but I don't think it'll be tonight.

Not much else of interest on the schedule. Maybe Browns @ Patriots just because the Pats finally play a team with some legitimate talent, but Cleveland has so many issues right now it's hard to take them seriously.

Packers @ Chiefs, maybe. Mahomes was already back at practice yesterday as a limited participant. I would guess they're going to play it safe with him and hold him out for at least this week, but if he does play then that game suddenly gets a lot more interesting. FWIW I don't think he's going to play; this is probably just gamesmanship to make the Packers prepare for both quarterbacks. We'll see.

Monday night brings us possibly the worst MNF game of the season - Dolphins @ Steelers. Ryan Fitzpatrick vs. Mason Rudolph. Good luck dressing that one up, ESPN.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Viking dbacks can't cover or tackle. Other than that they're pretty good.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
A win is a win. 434 yards of offense yet only 19 points against an awful Redskins team. They had some real costly penalties that stalled drives so they had to settle for the field goal.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
If the Chiefs in fact intend to give Mahomes a chance to play Sunday, I think they're insane. Why would you risk further injury to win one game? In the greater scheme of things season-wise does it really matter?

It's not like they have top-level competition in that division anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Going to be interesting to see what the Bengals do with Green. He would make Green Bay's offense absolutely scary once Adams is back. The guess here is that Cincy will want far more than Gutekunst is willing to pay. I'm thinking Anderson from the Jets is a more likely target.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
A win is a win. 434 yards of offense yet only 19 points against an awful Redskins team. They had some real costly penalties that stalled drives so they had to settle for the field goal.
Soooooooo many holding calls. It was a sloppy game but got the W.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Short week games are terrible. The Patriots are about the only team that looks good on a short week. Get the win, get out without any injuries and enjoy the 10 days until the next game.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
If the Chiefs in fact intend to give Mahomes a chance to play Sunday, I think they're insane. Why would you risk further injury to win one game? In the greater scheme of things season-wise does it really matter?

It's not like they have top-level competition in that division anyway.

I don't think they have any intention of playing him this weekend. He's only healthy enough to get in some light throwing at practice, but it's enough to force the Packers to gameplan for both quarterbacks just in case.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Going to be interesting to see what the Bengals do with Green. He would make Green Bay's offense absolutely scary once Adams is back. The guess here is that Cincy will want far more than Gutekunst is willing to pay. I'm thinking Anderson from the Jets is a more likely target.

I can't believe the Bengals would keep him, but it's the Bengals so you never know. It makes no sense for them to hang on to him. He's 31, on the decline, and they're staring at a long rebuild. And he's a free agent after this year so if they don't trade him they risk him leaving with nothing but a compensatory pick to show for it.

• Useful
Reactions: Cyclone.TV

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
For anybody who didn't get their fill of exciting b1g action yesterday, the Bears - Chargers are on.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron