***Official Super Bowl Game Thread***

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Did Cowher really just say the Niners didn’t lose this game, Kansas City went out and just won it?

Not sure what game you watched man, but that muffed punt and missed XP I would say are pretty good ways to lose a football game.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Did Cowher really just say the Niners didn’t lose this game, Kansas City went out and just won it?

Not sure what game you watched man, but that muffed punt and missed XP I would say are pretty good ways to lose a football game.
Not to mention only calling 2 run plays for the leagues leading rusher in the entire 3rd quarter

• Agree
Reactions: Jer and jctisu

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I was super excited when the first pass play was a designed set to roll Purdy out of the pocket - that's when they've been most dangerous. I don't recall it happening again, but could be wrong.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Hard disagree. Yeah they were on the field at the end and did give up other points. But they did enough to win. This one is mostly on that special teams fumble and Shanahan being an idiot to start the 2nd half.
The fact they played mainly zone towards the end of the game was just dumb. Playing to not lose.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Tough to beat Mahomes in OT. Purdy did all he could. He likely makes a TD pass in OT if it wasn’t a cover 0 blitz with no time to throw.

Each team made some big mistakes. To me the turning point was when SF couldn’t capitalize on the mahomes INT to start the second half. They could had taken control of the game there

Overall, it was an entertaining game, and Purdy played well enough to quiet the naysayers. Mahomes cements himself as a top 5 QB all time

Bob f

Nov 9, 2019
Iowa

He was bag sack at halftime also. Guy is already senile and looks like clown with all the make up

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Well, OK then! Chiefs had some very costly plays also.

But I know you guys are not so happy unless you are a Chief fan.

Go Chiefs! Sorry, not sorry
The Pacheco fumble sure. The Mahomes INT was a good read and play by San Fran. That’s making a play. A muffed punt is just idiotic special teams.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere

KC took advantage of what the Niners gave them. KC had two huge drives and stops when it mattered. I don’t like KC at all but they used every opportunity given to them in second half. A lot of times that’s how games are won.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Hard disagree. Yeah they were on the field at the end and did give up other points. But they did enough to win. This one is mostly on that special teams fumble and Shanahan being an idiot to start the 2nd half.

Not just the start of the 2nd half; most of the 3rd quarter. He actually did go back to the run and it was effective for them, but by then it was too late - they had let Mahomes back into the game and had actually given him the lead.

• Winner
Reactions: nrg4isu

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
The Pacheco fumble sure. The Mahomes INT was a good read and play by San Fran. That’s making a play. A muffed punt is just idiotic special teams.
It wasn't muffed. Hit off a guy blocking. Just really unlucky. 9ers needed to do something with that pick to start the 2nd half. Makes that whole 3rd quarter different