***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Liberty Bowl playing Memphis again would really really suck.

That would be triple-whammy almost.
1. Far short of bowl potential we had.
2. Playing a G5 team at home.
3. Playing said G5 team second time in 3 seasons.

No. 2 is almost two separate sucky things in one.

(Sorry, I'm taking this loss extra-hard :()

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I’d honestly rather be in the Texas Bowl playing against A&M... But you know they’ll pick that UT vs. A&M game any day of the week for the Texas Bowl to get that $$$$$$

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
That would be triple-whammy almost.
1. Far short of bowl potential we had.
2. Playing a G5 team at home.
3. Playing said G5 team second time in 3 seasons.

No. 2 is almost two separate sucky things in one.

(Sorry, I'm taking this loss extra-hard :()

Same here man... We win tonight, and we pretty much stamp our tickets to the Alamo Bowl. (And I get to cheer on my Cyclones in person in my hometown for the second year in a row)

now we’re fighting to not go to Memphis... To try not to lose to a team playing in their home stadium for a bowl game.. Which should not be allowed in my opinion.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Same here man... We win tonight, and we pretty much stamp our tickets to the Alamo Bowl. (And I get to cheer on my Cyclones in person in my hometown for the second year in a row)

now we’re fighting to not go to Memphis... To try not to lose to a team playing in their home stadium for a bowl game.. Which should not be allowed in my opinion.
Memphis would win the rematch. Just like Tulsa in '12

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Memphis would win the rematch. Just like Tulsa in '12

No doubt.. Which is way I’d rather have the chance to lose/win against a Power 5 in an SEC opponent in the Texas Bowl or Pac12 opponent in the Cheezit Bowl or the off-chance against Notre Dame in the Camping World.

YahooIdiot123

Mar 28, 2013
Georgia
I stand corrected, Big 12’s website has us at 5th.

E7-EE9-BB0-8391-4288-A52-E-44-AB0-C0-FC027.png
I’m pretty sure we are 6th. That chart doesn’t look right as it has Baylor ahead of Oklahoma.

• Agree
Reactions: BCoffClone125

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I’m pretty sure we are 6th. That chart doesn’t look right as it has Baylor ahead of Oklahoma.

You’re right. ESPN has us listed at 6th and Texas at 3rd. I believe ESPN has the correct one. Ugh, so disappointing to be slotted for the worst of the Big 12 Bowls this season.
E314-A075-C015-40-FB-A7-A3-0-B4439-CA921-A.png

ainness

May 19, 2006
The defense just didnt perform up to expectations this year. I think we losing both starting corners hurt more than anyone expected.

• Agree
Reactions: huntt26

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
I don’t believe the Big 12 uses overall record as the tie breaker if 4 teams are tied in the conference standings.
The standings mean nothing for bowl selection, they can take any eligible team they want.... That said, it's hard to see us being taken ahead of any of the other eligible teams except possibly OSU with all of their injuries to important players.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Memphis would be OK if it was actually against an SEC opponent like it’s supposed to be.

Since the Liberty Bowl became a Big 12 vs SEC game in 2014, it has only had to take an at-large team once: 2017 ISU vs Memphis. And things are trending that it will be that way again this season.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
The standings mean nothing for bowl selection, they can take any eligible team they want.... That said, it's hard to see us being taken ahead of any of the other eligible teams except possibly OSU with all of their injuries to important players.

That’s true. The Big 12 basically has a “draft” for each bowl committee. We have to do whatever we can to not get “drafted” by the Liberty Bowl..

The one thing we do have going for us is our excellent traveling fan base.. Which means we probably won’t get picked last, which means we do probably end up in Memphis.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Liberty vs. Memphis is absolutely the worst bowl outcome. I think JP Will get us selected elsewhere even if it's a "lower" bowl.

But the Liberty vs. Memphis is just so f@cking Iowa State I won't be surprised when it happens...and we lose, of course.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron