***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
It would be interesting to know if they both wanted to go here but the staff chose one over the other. This would indicate which way the staff wanted to lean since they seem to have contrasting styles. I would think they would choose Kyle since we already have a similar player in Chatfield.
Of Chatfield, Kyle and Jefferson. Jefferson if a much better dit at the 4. Willing to add them both and wanting to bring them in together i doubt we'd tip our hand on a preference.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Of Chatfield, Kyle and Jefferson. Jefferson if a much better dit at the 4. Willing to add them both and wanting to bring them in together i doubt we'd tip our hand on a preference.
I'm sure the staff would love to have both but if we choose one the other may look elsewhere because of PT.

Reactions: heitclone

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
You have to wonder, did Kyle ask what kind of cash we had waiting for him, we gave him a ballpark, and he said pass? I mean, that's the process now I assume. While we do have cash, I think our coaches in all sports still have to sell culture, fit, safe environment, fan support, things like that.

TheDudeAbides

Jul 28, 2015
Huge bummer about Kyle. Thought he'd be a perfect fit for TJ's defensive system as soon as he hit the portal. Then with the connections with the staff I thought it'd be a no brainer. Hopefully the Chatfield take isn't what ended up being the reason behind him looking elsewhere as Chatfield seems like a deep bench option.

Kyle could've been the perfect Ward replacement with some added scoring ability. That athletic rim protector + lob magnet will be missed.

Ankency

Oct 22, 2018
You have to wonder, did Kyle ask what kind of cash we had waiting for him, we gave him a ballpark, and he said pass? I mean, that's the process now I assume. While we do have cash, I think our coaches in all sports still have to sell culture, fit, safe environment, fan support, things like that.
If Kyle called and asked about cash, TJ would have immediately hung up. He’s not looking for guys concerned with $ first. He wants team guys

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Huge bummer about Kyle. Thought he'd be a perfect fit for TJ's defensive system as soon as he hit the portal. Then with the connections with the staff I thought it'd be a no brainer. Hopefully the Chatfield take isn't what ended up being the reason behind him looking elsewhere as Chatfield seems like a deep bench option.

Kyle could've been the perfect Ward replacement with some added scoring ability. That athletic rim protector + lob magnet will be missed.
Did I miss some news on Kyle? Thought he was visiting this weekend.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Major addition to the portal. Iowa “finished 2nd” out of high school curious if Fran calls again.

This kid will want half a million too probably. Barely played but will use the potential and high recruit angle

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
We are going to be less athletic and not as good next year. Portal season has been a disappointment. Naively Thought we’d be a destination for transfers looking to win, but it’s all about the $$$.
We are currently projected to start the season top 10, we bring back our entire core, and if we land Jefferson this weekend, our additions will be better than the subtractions sans losing Ward.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
We are currently projected to start the season top 10, we bring back our entire core, and if we land Jefferson this weekend, our additions will be better than the subtractions sans losing Ward.
That “if” is my point. We’ve replaced one of King, Ward and Jones with an equal caliber player. Sure, Heise is probably better than Pav but that’s for like 4 minutes a game.

I think saying “our entire core” is retuning is kind of an overstatement at this point. Backcourt, clearly yes. Big question marks in the front court.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron