***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
SIAP - Ex Cyclone Jaden Walker is in the portal, leaving East Carolina.

He started close to half of ECU's games the last 2 years, averaging 7+ PPG last season and 5+ this year.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Now we've been linked with up to 3 6'6/ 6'7 wing players. One would believe our staff is thinking we're losing 1.
Maybe. But it doesn't have to be a situation where a wing is leaving, so the staff has to go after another wing. Most of these guys are the versatile type that can just play in TJ's system.

And with J'Vonne Hadley, seems like just throwing feelers out since there's already a connection with the program.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
So you are contending that TJ used a redshirt on him and spent a year teaching him our system with the idea of recruiting over him?
No. I'm saying we've added 3 big guards since he signed and took a healthy redshirt. Now we're top 10 and better players are looking at us.

Answer me this who's more likely to get minutes next year Hamilton or Indrusaitis?
We will probably find out soon enough, on Hamilton. When does the current transfer portal window close?

If Hamilton stays, it will be safe to assume he is wanted and will be getting playing time sooner vs. later? You would think anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
We will probably find out soon enough, on Hamilton. When does the current transfer portal window close?

If Hamilton stays, it will be safe to assume he is wanted and will be getting playing time sooner vs. later? You would think anyway.
Sorry, I renewed my premium so I won't comment on that. No, I have nothing on names of players leaving.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Maybe he'll go to UConn. Think of the NIL possibilities of Storr promoting stores in Storrs.

200w.gif

• Creative
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Sorry, I renewed my premium so I won't comment on that. No, I have nothing on names of players leaving.
It's good to know that 'premium' has some good information. I'm glad people like it.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

It's what makes the transfer portal so interesting. You cant have 13 guys play significant minutes, but with the competitiveness in the portal it's hard to convince someone to come here and be a role player. So it's almost like freshmen are roster fillers at this point. Have them come in, help at practice, and see if you have something there assuming most of them will likely leave.

Last edited:

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Or Fish for that matter, although he's probably more an undersized post than a wing.

True. However, the style of player seems to make it seem more like slashing type player more than a fish type player. The good news for me is we are not going after a center. Which makes me think Fish and Rock are coming along very well.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
It's what makes the transfer portal so interesting. You cant have 13 guys play significant minutes, but with the competitiveness in the portal it's hard to convince someone to come here and be a role player. So it's almost like freshmen are roster fillers are this point. Have them come in, help at practice, and see if you have something there assuming most of them will likely leave.
Interesting? Yes, for sure. Especially if your team is doing well with it. With TJ, we are so far doing pretty well. I guess.

I still feel, as many do, that it shouldn't have to be this way, the schools fan base and alumni (along with the school and coaching staff) competing for players with NIL, and how much they can afford to sign a particular player.

There's got to be a better way. And I hope it comes soon. Something, at least initially, to take the financial burden off the fans.

• Agree
Reactions: Ankency and NENick