***Official 2022 Transfer Thread***

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I think TJ will be looking for winners rather than mid major guys former teams that have already cashed in their chips.
I don’t disagree. Every transfer posted in this thread may not be what TJ is looking for but i enjoy sharing players entering the portal and seeing where they land. As ISU narrows in on targets I’m sure player specific threads relating to their recruitment will be created

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
The strategy for the upcoming year will be interesting. One thing for the current roster is that other than Grill following TJ back and Jones as the emergency big guy, the transfers were all P6 guys. Was that by design? Hard to say it hasn't worked whereas Minnesota brought guys up a level and is about to drop under .500 for the year. Although, they did get some good contributions out of guys and Battle is a keeper.

Does TJ stick to the P6 ranks and zero in on big fish with a smaller net to cast this upcoming year? Minnesota is an interesting follow as well. They are turning over their entire roster other than Battle again as their guys are primarily using COVID years to play P6 ball for the first time. Both teams coming out of "Year 0" and bringing in their first full freshman class to begin to lay a foundation. Will be interesting to see how the rosters play out over the next few years with all the talent in MN and WI but I much prefer the start TJ is off to.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
After following the transfer portal for years, and especially after seeing how we performed this year, I can confidently say that I would rather add Power 5 role players (Izaiah, Gabe, Jaz) rather than mid major stars

Reactions: Halincandenza

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
After following the transfer portal for years, and especially after seeing how we performed this year, I can confidently say that I would rather add Power 5 role players (Izaiah, Gabe, Jaz) rather than mid major stars

Agree. For every Kane, Nader and Anderson there’s a Beverly, Holden, or Brase. The high major guys hit more than they miss

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
This has been true through ISU's run of success with transfers in the last decade. Kane (Marshall), Clyburn (MW era Utah), and Nader (NIU) are really the only non power conference transfers of note.

Reactions: isutrevman

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Agree. For every Kane, Nader and Anderson there’s a Beverly, Holden, or Brase. The high major guys hit more than they miss

It would be interesting to analyze all of the transfers we've gotten since Hoiberg, Power 5 vs. Mid Major, to see how they have performed.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
It would be interesting to analyze all of the transfers we've gotten since Hoiberg, Power 5 vs. Mid Major, to see how they have performed.
P6
Scotty C (Marquette)
Royce (Minnesota)
Burton (Marquette)
Chris Babb (Penn St)
Chris Allen (Michigan St)
Korie Lucious (Michigan St)
Hallice Cooke (Oregon St)
Nick Weiler-Babb (Arkansas)
Jacobson (Nebraska)
Kalscheur (Minnesota)
Enaruna (Kansas)
Brockington (Penn St)
Jaz (Wash St)
Kasongo (Tennessee)

Mid-Major
Anderson (N Illinois)
Anthony Booker (S Illinois)
Clyburn (Utah, was in MWC at the time)
Kane (Marshall)
Holden (La Tech)
Bowie (N Illinois)
BDJ (UNLV)
Nader (N Illinois)
Brase (Princeton)
Beverly (UTSA)
Rob Jones (Denver)
Grill (UNLV)

Might have missed some.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
P6
Scotty C (Marquette)
Royce (Minnesota)
Burton (Marquette)
Chris Babb (Penn St)
Jacobson (Nebraska)
Kalscheur (Minnesota)
Enaruna (Kansas)
Brockington (Penn St)
Jaz (Wash St)
Kasongo (Tennessee)

Mid-Major
Anderson (N Illinois)
Kane (Marshall)
Holden (La Tech)
Bowie (N Illinois)
BDJ (UNLV)
Nader (N Illinois)
Brase (Princeton)
Beverly (UTSA)
Rob Jones (Denver)
Grill (UNLV)

Might have missed some.

Talley ODU
Nixon CSU

Reactions: MiscRiot

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
P6
Scotty C (Marquette)
Royce (Minnesota)
Burton (Marquette)
Chris Babb (Penn St)
Jacobson (Nebraska)
Kalscheur (Minnesota)
Enaruna (Kansas)
Brockington (Penn St)
Jaz (Wash St)
Kasongo (Tennessee)

Mid-Major
Anderson (N Illinois)
Anthony Booker (S Illinois)
Kane (Marshall)
Holden (La Tech)
Bowie (N Illinois)
BDJ (UNLV)
Nader (N Illinois)
Brase (Princeton)
Beverly (UTSA)
Rob Jones (Denver)
Grill (UNLV)

Might have missed some.
Shayok (Virginia)

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Thread for it right here

Let's try and keep this thread to new 2022 transfers only

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Didn't Baylor have a DIII transfer in their starting lineup last year? Shouldn't we be looking for the best player not the best pedigree?

I think the NWMSU transfer would of given us a nice scoring option in the front court as well.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Didn't Baylor have a DIII transfer in their starting lineup last year? Shouldn't we be looking for the best player not the best pedigree?

I think the NWMSU transfer would of given us a nice scoring option in the front court as well.
You're thinking of Freddie Gillespie and that was two years ago, but yes he was from a DIII school.