***Official 2020-2021 Transfer Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Got 2 theories as to what happened here I guess. First feels a lot more likely than the 2nd.
1. We found out we are in a really good place with Cam'Ron Fletcher and either Condit or Johnson(likely him) think they're not going to play much next year

2. Either Walker or Jackson thinks they won't play much in 2022 with all our guards coming in and are transferring to get ahead of it. Feels weird to transfer a year before it becomes an issue because you can just stay and play your way into a good spot instead but who knows

• Useful
Reactions: t-noah

PizzaTheHutt

Feb 6, 2014
I feel like a video on Twitter is not a solid source for determining a persons actual feelings..........you’re seeing a split second reaction from a person and basically saying ....yup that’s him 24/7. Humans are much more complex than that.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
What are the Hok fans gonna do if CJ goes to one of these not named Kentucky? I'll bet they get even more creative on the forums/twitter.
I can tell you they won't look in the mirror and say we have a psycho head coach who some players just don't want to play for.

Reactions: MiscRiot

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
JR Blount’s most recent follow is 6’7 F Chad Baker from Duquesne. Averaged 9.5 ppg and shot 42% from three

Would be a perfect fit. Him, grill, and kunc off the bench as floor spacers would be great. All three can push heavily to be starters too so the roster competition would be great.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If we don’t get Fletcher keep an eye on Adonis Arms from Winthrop. Coach Blount has reached out since Enaruna committed. They told Adonis the one guy they’re waiting on should have a decision by Friday.

I thought I remembered that name. He was the 2nd leading scorer on Winthrop last year. 6’6” athletic wing and shot the ball from 35% from beyond the arc. Averaged 10.5 ppg and grabbed 4.7 rpg. Originally from... Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I suppose that's a fair point to make, and we'd probably be a tiny bit better. I don't think it would have been enough to change how things went here though. Ignoring the what ifs, like if he transfered out after 1 season or whatever, i don't think he would have been good enough to get us into any kind of kind of postseason. 2 years ago we would have had to shave off something like 6 losses to have a shot and thats a lot to ask from one single freshman. Last year we never had a chance. And then you still have Steve's awful in game coaching and terrible program culture to contender with. So like sure, maybe we lose 17 and 18 games instead of 20 and 22. Don't think Steve's still around after that anyways. My point is that one player wouldn't have changed the course of the train wreck we were on under Steve

The culture and lack of on court accountability was never going to change with Prohm at the helm.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Lard not being a head case would have also helped. So would Wiggs staying, THT staying, Tyrese not getting injured and staying, Foster not getting injured and Hinson not getting injured. But all that stuff happened and here we are. Hopefully TJ will be blessed with more good luck than bad. Because with the talent that was kept with what he has bringing in.....if he can get some good luck(no injuries)and coach them up......next year is a tourney team.

Not recruiting a viable point guard for last year had more to due with these issues than luck. Having Foster and Hinson wouldn’t have drastically changed things with the lack of consistent guard play.