***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
You could argue that having a scholarship tied up on a guy like Kasongo hurt us in the ability to pursue mid years this last winter. Who knows if we would've landed or even recruited them but guys like Isaac Copeland, Sam Cunliffe, Jahmal McMurray or Harry Frolling would've been welcome additions to future squads.

There's more and more mid year transfers every year so like others have suggested, I'm very much a fan of the staff holding one scholarship for that this winter if a game changer guy doesn't become available this summer.
There's two available. They can bank one, and take a chance with the other. That still leaves 4 open for next year, assuming no attrition. That's more than enough to get the guys Prohm wants.

Some of the people saying we have to save scholarships for mid years, and spring recruiting, are the same ones constantly saying Prohm can't recruit the best transfers. So what's their argument?

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
GO. GET. HIM. STEVEN.

Would clearly be a very good get as a sit out guard. I wonder if the staff has any connection. He's an Indiana product, so my initial gut reaction would be Indiana, but the Twitter feed has a lot of Depaul in it for some reason.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Would clearly be a very good get as a sit out guard. I wonder if the staff has any connection. He's an Indiana product, so my initial gut reaction would be Indiana, but the Twitter feed has a lot of Depaul in it for some reason.

DePaul hired his HS coach. Wouldn't be surprised if Illinois blocks them as they play each other this fall.

Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Yeah he went to La Lumiere and I think he is originally from Ohio. I think Illinois in the B1G could be of help for us, if they decide to block him from anywhere. Although, will they block him? Because aren't situations a bit different when there is a coaching change involved? I know his HS coach just got brought on as an assistant at DePaul, so that could be interesting, but hope he doesn't just jump at that because it is familiar.

IDK, Either way, go try and get this kid as hard as you can!

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
I want this kid.

And I hate to be that guy, but UNLV also offered him out of HS and got a visit from him :rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: Knownothing

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Before signing w/ Miss St, Kegler had offers/interest from Arizona State, Baylor, Indiana and Maryland. Categorizes as small-forward on most recruiting sites I found, listed as guard on MSU roster, so he could be matchup-nightmare material.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Alright, I really hope at least 1 of these 2 guys were the players that Chris/CSP were kinda hinting at being a possible transfer they'd be keeping their eye on. If so that is a big step forward for us that we have been anticipating this and have room for them. Go get one or both!

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Alright, I really hope at least 1 of these 2 guys were the players that Chris/CSP were kinda hinting at being a possible transfer they'd be keeping their eye on. If so that is a big step forward for us that we have been anticipating this and have room for them. Go get one or both!

I'm pretty sure Chris on his podcast was referring to a possible late grad transfer that they were keeping an eye on. These two would both be sit-outs. But yeah, having 2 open schollies, I'd be happy with either one.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
The only silver lining of not filling the last two scholarships until June is the completion for late quality transfers like Kleiger and Coleman-Lands will be less due to a majority of teams having their rosters pretty set going into next year. Losing a guard like McNeil hurts but if your able to fill his scholarship with one of these two they'll likely be a higher contributor after sitting out (compared to Darius as soph.).

Of course a transfer this late in the game may have seen future rosters and talked through back channels thus has an idea where they would like to end up. So the advantage may not be there in the end.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron